TUNEWEAR releases ICEWEAR for iPod mini | iLounge News

TUNEWEAR releases ICEWEAR for iPod mini

picThe ICEWEAR case features silicon found in diving masks; access to all ports including the headphone jack, dock connector, ‘Hold’ switch and click wheel; shock absorbing ribs on each side for protectection and grip; and an extruded frame around the screen for protection. Included on the back are two slits to slip a belt through. ICEWEAR is sold at Apple Store Ginza, Japan and Apple Store Japan online. For information regarding U.S. sales please email TUNEWEAR at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

« iPoDonut stickers for iPod released

Apple and BMW partner on iPod adapter »

Comments

Well, that is a neat piece of silicone! Now if they made one for the 3G I would actually want one as I like this very reduced approach and would sometimes love have some belt-clip functionality in situations where I want my iPod to be ultraportable.

And yes, First!

Posted by Oliver :) on June 18, 2004 at 9:43 AM (CDT)

...this is to say again, think long and hard before you order your iVolution sans beltclip ;)

Posted by Oliver :) on June 18, 2004 at 9:50 AM (CDT)

nice! how soon can I get one?

Posted by cedricpatrick on June 18, 2004 at 10:29 AM (CDT)

This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for, it’s a shame iSkin and Lajo haven’t been able to make a CLEAR silicone case earlier.  I hope TUNEWEAR makes one for 3g

Posted by bennok on June 18, 2004 at 5:35 PM (CDT)

Honestly I love my iSkin better. Plus I get a screen protector.

Posted by gonefshn on June 18, 2004 at 8:52 PM (CDT)

bennok, what are you talking about? Lajo came up with a clear silicone case a LONG time ago. Ecer heard of ICE. Its one of my favorites out of my 7 lajo cases.

Posted by coolpepper43 on June 19, 2004 at 1:51 AM (CDT)

Ice is not really very clear at all.  I have ice exo and exo3, and neither are clear enough.  The Tunewear Icewear look much clearer.

Posted by bennok on June 19, 2004 at 10:43 AM (CDT)

I just ordered my ipod mini about 2 weeks ago and im still waiting for it…(should be another two weeks..  But back on subject i cant decide between this or the iskin glow in the dark. I’ll problygo with iskin cus it looks cooler and sleeker ! but then i wont get the protection that is offered by icewear..
hrrmmm decisions decision…

Posted by justin on June 19, 2004 at 11:40 AM (CDT)

I’m probably going to get this one over the iSkin, since it allows access to the iTrip mini and all.

Posted by mb on June 19, 2004 at 2:11 PM (CDT)

wow its really cool how it can stick on the powerbook at 55 degrees!!!  i definitely will pick this over the iskin.

Posted by Arthur on June 19, 2004 at 10:09 PM (CDT)

has anyone emaiiled them about north american sales?

Posted by me on June 20, 2004 at 11:01 AM (CDT)

I kind of like it… I might just buy one. I WISH IT HAD A SCREEN Protector though… oh well I guess I’ll just buy one of those’ ones like one PDAs and put it on. One thing is for sure

Posted by Jody on June 20, 2004 at 2:36 PM (CDT)

I emailed them on friday but havent gotten a response yet.

Posted by Joel on June 21, 2004 at 11:11 AM (CDT)

i just saw someone in NYC with it, they gotta sell it somewhere!!!  if anyone got the 411, let me know!

Posted by mochi on July 2, 2004 at 10:41 AM (CDT)