TurboTax SnapTax prepares simple tax returns from a photo
Intuit has released TurboTax SnapTax, a new tax preparation app for the iPhone that allows U.S. and Canadian users to prepare simple tax returns by snapping a picture of their W-2 or T4, answering some basic questions and then reviewing and securely filing their return electronically. Available in separate country-specific versions, users can download the free SnapTax app to prepare their returns and pay via in-app purchase when filing; U.S. federal and state tax returns are $20 each, Canadian tax returns are $10 each. TurboTax SnapTax (U.S.) is for U.S. taxpayers who do not have children or dependents, do not own a home or real estate and have income of less than $100,000 that comes from only a W-2, interest or unemployment. TurboTax SnapTax 2011 (CDN) is for Canadians under the age of 65 who have no children or dependents, only a T4 slip, no RRSP contributions or charitable donations and reside in Alberta, BC, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, P.E.I. or Saskatchewan. Both apps require a camera-equipped device with iOS 4.1 or later.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?