TV on iPod poll ends, music purchasing poll begins
With more than 1,750 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Would you rather buy TV shows from the iTunes Store or record them on an iPod/iPhone-friendly DVR?” has ended. Readers were given a variety of responses to choose from, including that they would rather purchase TV shows from the iTunes Store and are satisfied with the way it works now, that they would like to purchase all programming from the iTunes Store but can’t do so because they can’t wait a day for the shows to appear, that they would rather record their shows live from TV to an iPod/iPhone friendly DVR, or that they don’t watch TV or don’t care about adding TV content to their iPod/iPhone/iTunes libraries.
An overwhelming majority of readers—73%—said that they would rather record their TV shows live from TV to an iPod/iPhone-friendly DVR, which is only surprising in that so few existing products offer such a solution. Another 14% said they either didn’t watch TV or didn’t care about having TV shows in their iPod/iPhone/iTunes libraries, 10% said they prefer purchasing their shows from the iTunes Store on either a season pass or per-episode basis, and are satisfied with the way it works now, while only 3% said they would like to purchase all their programming from the iTunes Store, but can’t because they don’t want to wait until the next day for the show to appear. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on music purchasing—we’d like to know, following iTunes’ and other online retailers’ moves to a variable pricing scheme, where you are now getting your music. Do you still use the iTunes Store, or have you migrated to Amazon MP3? Or are you using a competing service, such as eMusic, Wal-Mart’s MP3 store, Microsoft’s Zune Marketplace, or another online retailer? Or do you still purchase your music in a physical format from Amazon or a brick-and-mortar store? Or do you not buy music at all? Our new poll, “Following Apple’s shift to variable iTunes Store song pricing, where are you now buying your music?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the far right-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Refurbished iPad Air 2 models hit Apple Store
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?