TV on iPod poll ends, music purchasing poll begins
With more than 1,750 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Would you rather buy TV shows from the iTunes Store or record them on an iPod/iPhone-friendly DVR?” has ended. Readers were given a variety of responses to choose from, including that they would rather purchase TV shows from the iTunes Store and are satisfied with the way it works now, that they would like to purchase all programming from the iTunes Store but can’t do so because they can’t wait a day for the shows to appear, that they would rather record their shows live from TV to an iPod/iPhone friendly DVR, or that they don’t watch TV or don’t care about adding TV content to their iPod/iPhone/iTunes libraries.
An overwhelming majority of readers—73%—said that they would rather record their TV shows live from TV to an iPod/iPhone-friendly DVR, which is only surprising in that so few existing products offer such a solution. Another 14% said they either didn’t watch TV or didn’t care about having TV shows in their iPod/iPhone/iTunes libraries, 10% said they prefer purchasing their shows from the iTunes Store on either a season pass or per-episode basis, and are satisfied with the way it works now, while only 3% said they would like to purchase all their programming from the iTunes Store, but can’t because they don’t want to wait until the next day for the show to appear. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on music purchasing—we’d like to know, following iTunes’ and other online retailers’ moves to a variable pricing scheme, where you are now getting your music. Do you still use the iTunes Store, or have you migrated to Amazon MP3? Or are you using a competing service, such as eMusic, Wal-Mart’s MP3 store, Microsoft’s Zune Marketplace, or another online retailer? Or do you still purchase your music in a physical format from Amazon or a brick-and-mortar store? Or do you not buy music at all? Our new poll, “Following Apple’s shift to variable iTunes Store song pricing, where are you now buying your music?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the far right-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Apple enables Single Sign-On across all iOS 10 and tvOS 10 devices
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10