TWBA awarded EFFIE grand prize for iPod ads | iLounge News

TWBA awarded EFFIE grand prize for iPod ads

Apple advertising agency TBWA\Chiat\Day last night was given the Grand EFFIE Award for its work on the iPod “Silhouettes” ad campaign. “Our Grand EFFIE winner honors a product at the forefront of popular culture complemented by a creative, breakthrough marketing campaign that has proven to skyrocket sales,” said Mary Lee Keane, Executive Director of the New York American Marketing Association.

In addition to the Grand EFFIE, TBWA\Chiat\Day walked away with three Gold EFFIEs (two for iPod and one for Nissan), two Silvers (Adidas and Infiniti) and one Bronze (Nextel), bringing their total awards to seven. The EFFIE awards, now in their 37th year, are the “only award program that recognizes effective advertising and marketing campaigns that have achieved market place results.”

« Mix: Summer school, Peas, Camera Connector, iStudio

ezGear intros ezSkin Bodysuit, Tankini for iPod shuffle »

Comments

I hate those iPod silhouettes ads.  Why does Apple even bother to advertise?  The iPod sells itself.  I was just in San Francisco last month and I saw those silhouettes billboards and posters everywhere.  The more people that have an iPod and the more affordable it becomes…the less cool it is.  There is nothing cool about being one of the masses.  I have bought over a dozen iPods since June 2002 and I am sick and tired of upgrading everytime Apple comes out with another model.

Posted by Tchocky in The O.C. on June 8, 2005 at 9:05 AM (PDT)

I don’t think the appeal of an iPod was ever its status as an underground product.  I like the iPod for what it does, and I am contstantly telling people about it.

Where does it say that you have to upgrade every time that Apple makes a new model?  You want Apple to stop designing new products? I’m confused by what you’re trying to say.

Posted by Third on June 8, 2005 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

I don’t like the ads either, but you’re being pretty naive if you don’t think they’ve been highly successful advertising.

Posted by ACLeroK212 on June 8, 2005 at 11:04 AM (PDT)

“Third”...I have an enormous amount of music.  I upgrade everytime Apple comes out with a larger capacity iPod.  I currently own the 60 GB iPod photo, 3rd Gen. 40 GB and the 1 GB shuffle.  I have almost a whole terabyte of digital music.

Posted by Tchocky in The O.C. on June 8, 2005 at 1:53 PM (PDT)

tcocky, i dont understand what your complaint is? why are you tired of upgrading if they bring out new models with greater capacity?

Posted by Harrison in Melbourne, Australia on June 8, 2005 at 11:28 PM (PDT)

i dont care - ipods are useless, i spent my money on an ipod mini then a month down the line it stopped working - only worked when it wanted to. But now when it plays i get to listen to at least half a song before it dies!!! :( waste of money!!!!

Posted by lucy lu on August 9, 2006 at 2:53 AM (PDT)