TweetDeck redesigned, released as entirely new app
TweetDeck has re-released a completely redesigned version of its Twitter client as an entirely new application, removing the prior version from the App Store. TweetDeck 2.0 has been entirely rebuilt from the ground up focused on flexibility and performance with a completely redesigned user interface. The new app supports all of the standard Twitter features such as sending updates, both native and quoted retweeting, favourites, mentions, direct messages and searching and also allows posting to multiple accounts and integration with Facebook for posting status updates, notifications and wall posts.
Full custom column management is supported as in the prior version for configuring multiple accounts, services and feeds; columns can be easily reconfigured and new columns can be added at the touch of a button while navigating Twitter profiles and lists. The new app provides integrated Deck.ly support for posting longer tweets and supports image uploading, geo-tagging, username autocomplete and URL shortening using j.mp (bit.ly). TweetDeck 2.0 is currently available in an iPhone and iPod touch native version only; the iPad native version has notably been removed from the App Store with a note on the developer’s site that the redesigned version for the iPad is “coming soon.” TweetDeck 2.0 is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?