Tweeter launches iPod trade-in program | iLounge News

Tweeter launches iPod trade-in program

Tweeter today announced that it has launched an iPod trade-in program at all 153 Tweeter stores nationwide. Customers at the electronics retailer will receive instant store credit when they trade in their iPod. After a customer brings in an iPod, a Tweeter sales associate will use an “iPod calculator” powered by NextWorth to provide a trade-in value for the iPod. The customer will then receive credit towards a new iPod or other products available at Tweeter. The value of the customer’s iPod is “commensurate with its condition and its demand in the marketplace,” according to Tweeter.

« Radio Disney added to iTunes radio line-up

Teen sued over missing iPod »

Comments

WOW..I have two old ipods I traded in today and got $300 back which I used to help buy a new flat screen monitor which is wicked cool

Posted by Deb Dellacona on August 16, 2006 at 11:41 AM (PDT)

what were the models and condition of the ipods? i’d like to know what kind of prices they’re giving out. and also is there an option to take a cash offer?

Posted by jm on August 16, 2006 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

I wonder if I could get a decent price on a 4G 40 gigger in excellent condition?

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on August 16, 2006 at 6:56 PM (PDT)

There are no cash offers through tweeter, however if you go to Nextworth.com just use their “ipod calculator” and see how much you get for it, as far as i know if your ipod is 3g or higher and in ok to excellent shape you can get quite a bit for it. also, you can trade in broken ipods and get a little something for them if you have no interest in fixing them.

Posted by Carl on August 17, 2006 at 10:16 AM (PDT)

I got $89 for my iPod mini and $118 for my old 20g - I used them towards a new video. How cool is that?

Posted by Julia Brier on August 17, 2006 at 6:10 PM (PDT)

Ha ha ha, they offer $19 for my 1GB shuffle… eBay: $50 avg

Posted by bsp on August 17, 2006 at 6:31 PM (PDT)

I traded in my 4th gen photo at Tweeter for $180 and used it to buy a new Nano-which is very cool.

Posted by Nick V on August 21, 2006 at 9:37 AM (PDT)

i have a 80gb 6th generation ipod and i dont use it any more i was wondering how much should i sell my ipod for. the ipod does not have earphones or charger but it does have the usb cable. email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you got i price on how much should i sell my ipod.

Posted by andres garcia on July 16, 2009 at 6:19 PM (PDT)