UK iPod repair service launches | iLounge News

UK iPod repair service launches

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, October 20, 2004
News Categories: Repair

The first independent iPod repair service has launched in the UK. “At UK iPod repairs we offer a quick affordable repair service for all generations of Apple’s iPod, If you have a smashed or broken LCD screen or want a high capacity battery we can fit a replacment and have your iPod back to you within 48 Hours! We also repair broken iPod headphone sockets and FireWire ports, replace dead hard disk drives, fix non-responding scroll wheels and buttons.”

« iTunes named “Best Download Music Service”

Want to be in an iTunes commercial? »

Comments

i’ve used these guys through word of mouth before the website/company had be set up and got my ipod repaired very quickly and for a very reasonable price, good luck to them

Posted by rob jones on October 20, 2004 at 9:30 AM (PDT)

yea they sound good and cheap,

do u get a warrenty witht the work they do or not?

Posted by mike on October 20, 2004 at 9:40 AM (PDT)

well they put a brand new screen in mine, he told me if i had any problems with it they would take it back at no cost to myself so i guess thats kinda a warrenty

Posted by rob jones on October 20, 2004 at 9:48 AM (PDT)

When I first saw the site I was concerned that they did not have a contact telephone number or address showing. Made me wonder who these guys are.  I suppose if people have used them before and had good results, then they must be OK.

Posted by Dave on October 20, 2004 at 10:23 PM (PDT)

whois listing…

Found WHOIS server for .uk: whois.nic.uk.  Looking up.

Domain Name:

URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant Dates:
      Registered on:  27-Sep-2004
      Renewal Date:  27-Sep-2006

Registration Status:
      Registration request being processed

Name servers listed in order:
      ns1.fast-hosts.org           213.171.192.236
      ns2.fast-hosts.org           213.171.192.237

WHOIS database last updated at 11:00:01 21-Oct-2004

(c) Nominet UK 1996 - 2004

For further information and terms of use please see http://www.nic.uk/whois
Nominet reserves the right to withhold access to this service at any time.

Posted by whois on October 21, 2004 at 12:44 AM (PDT)

Firstly a big thanks to the guys at ipodlounge for putting the news of our launch on there site,we have had a amazing response and after our feet touch the ground again will be offering a discount for all you ipodloungers, a few people have pointed out a the early problems with the site which i think have been sorted now ie address and loads of typo’s!

not quite sure why someones posted the WHOIS info up? please don’t start emailing my web designer and asking for ipod repairs! however he will make you a nice site for reasonable money

Hope we can offer all the ipod users this side of the pond an alternative to apple if and when it needs repairing

Many thanks Tom French
Ukipodrepairs.co.uk

Posted by tom french uk ipod repairs on October 21, 2004 at 8:33 AM (PDT)

I believe that this site is great for UK and European customers. Since I am affiliated with [url=http://www.ipodmods.com]http://www.ipodmods.com[/url] I can say that these repair services are a great help to anyone who plans to send a unit in for service. We are trying to work towards a mutual agreement where we are referring all UK customers to this shop and vice versa for the USA. Keep up the great work guys. Best of luck to you. Anyone in need of ipod repair services for North America, please visit: [url=http://www.ipodmods.com]http://www.ipodmods.com[/url] for custom color mods and repairs.

Posted by ipodmods.com in MI on November 2, 2004 at 4:32 PM (PDT)

I stupidly tried to replace my battery on my 3g 40gb.
It is now frozen with a folder with an exclamation mark appearing in the window.
I have tried toggling, as the troubleshooting guide.
Also my conputor does not recognise the device +
An irritating rattle has developed
Apart from that the world os a good place

HELP

Posted by John C Brown on July 12, 2005 at 12:55 PM (PDT)

I emailed this morning and have still not received any kind of reply.I am a pro musician and my iPod is an integral part of my equipment. I’m having a problem and would like to know if I send it to be repaired, or if I can do something using software???
It seems to be permanently locked up. Please help or advise.
Thank you.
Mike Amatt

Posted by Michael Amatt on July 28, 2005 at 2:47 PM (PDT)

Hi. My ipod got water logged for about a minute in a 1/2, and it hasn’t worked for a month. But recently (4 days ago) I plugged it in to see if it would even charge or turn on, and it started to charge. I was so excited; however, I unplug it and it shuts off. Now it’ll work (let me listen to my music) when it’s charging. But because the charger is where the computer is suppose to be hooked up to, I can’t upload more music! It’s been charging all day and all night now for 4 days. PLEASE help! Do I need to just wait, or send it somewhere? And how much would the repairs cost?!

Thanks.

Lindsay Hall

Posted by Lindsay on August 12, 2005 at 5:29 AM (PDT)

You can also try http://www.fixyouripod.co.uk for UK based ipod repairs!

Posted by Mike on February 10, 2006 at 2:24 AM (PDT)

Another decent site that I found was http://www.ukapplecare.com .  I was able to drop off my ipod with a broken screen and they got a replacement out to me pretty quick..

Posted by Harry on November 14, 2006 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

my ipod 6gb is fully broken it wnt come on the screen is smashed and the ink has come out how much would it cost to repair it?

Posted by Deepa on July 8, 2007 at 2:44 AM (PDT)

I have acidently stood on my ipod USB and the top has snapped off and i also still had my ipod it in and the top of the USB has lodged into my ipod how do i get it out ?

Posted by Connie Ireland on August 22, 2007 at 6:00 AM (PDT)

Oh i forgot to tell you that i would like to take it on holiday with me which i leave on the 29th Aug but if it is not repaired by then i will wait but i would really like to take it to Tunsia with me Thanks ! x

Posted by Connie Ireland on August 22, 2007 at 6:04 AM (PDT)

Hi, The screen of my 3rd Generation iPod has gone blank so it’s just a white screen and I can’t see the display, there’s also a black spot in the middle. How much would you charge to fix the screen? Thanks

Posted by Sinal on March 1, 2009 at 8:00 AM (PDT)

my boyfriend put his ipod classic through the washing machine & now it doesn’t turn on atall! can you repair this or do i just buy a new one? if you can repair how much would it be? thanks

Posted by carly on November 27, 2009 at 2:17 AM (PDT)

Uk ipod repairs offer an excellent service and i would highly recommend them to anyone. iPod as sent tuesday afternoon, recieved an email wednesday morning saying they had recieved it, 10 minutes later revieved another email saying it was fixed. Recieved my iPod in the post thursday morning. Very happy with this company.

Posted by C Willett on June 2, 2011 at 3:26 AM (PDT)