Update: Braving the cold to get an iPod mini
Rajeev and Jeremy have reported with an update from the Grand Opening of Apple Store SF. Rajeev described the opening as ‘hectic’ as hundreds of people swarmed the front entrance while San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, former Mayor Willie Brown, and Apple CEO Steve Jobs cut the ceremonial ribbon for the opening at 10 am PT. Apple sold 200 $259 grab bags marked ‘Do you feel lucky?’ containing; Apple Airport Extreme Base Station, Bluetooth adapter, Apple Wireless Keyboard, Apple Wireless Mouse, .Mac account, Keynote (presentation software), iLife ‘04 and a 10% gift card. In addition, some (1 in 6) lucky individuals also received Silver iPod minis and 15GB iPods, but one lucky person got a 40GB iPod. Both Rajeev and Jeremy got an iPod mini in their bags.
A couple of hardcore Apple fans are enduring the cold San Francisco night as they camp out in front of the new Apple Store San Francisco to be the first 200 people to be able to purchase a $259 grab bag valued at $600 - some containing iPod minis. Two San Jose State Apple Campus Reps, Rajeev and Jeremy sent us an email describing the situatuion as they await the Grand Opening at 10 am Saturday morning.
Photo showing contents of ‘Do you feel lucky?’ grab bag.
This one included a Silver iPod mini.
- Apple acquires social analytics firm Topsy Labs
- Apple posts shipping deadlines for Dec. 24 delivery
- Apple offers 0% online hardware financing in Europe
- Apple offering Black Friday discounts in EU countries
- Apple Black Friday deals start in U.S. and Canada
- Apple Black Friday deals go live in Australia
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- China Mobile subsidiary briefly takes iPhone preorders
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts