[Update] iLounge Launches New Forums
[Update 05|10|03 9:45 AM] The main “Forums” button on the navgation bar above now links to the new forums. We’ve also added “New Forums|Old Forums” links to the left sidebar for your convenience. The “Forums” link on the old forums nav bar now reads “New Forums,” and links to the new forums. Also, a link to the old forums has been added to the new forums homepage. We hope this helps to navigate between old and new.
So far the the reactions to the new forums has been outstanding. Many readers have been re-registering from old to new, and there are many new members registering as well. Thanks, we appreciate it.
Today marks the official launch of the NEW iLounge forums at http://www.ilounge.com/forums/
The new forum we are using is powered by vBulletin, one of the most widely used and successful forum applications on the Internet. It has many great features for our administrators, moderators and members. If you would like to read more about its features, check out http://www.vbulletin.com
The following is some questions and answers to help you understand the reason for the switch to the new forums and what will be happening with old vs. new forums.
Why have we launched a new forum? What’s wrong with the old forums?
The current forums are provided by Xsorbit, an outside service that iLounge pays to host a forum. As you may already know the forums are unreliable at times with many outages occurring ever since it’s been online. Xsorbit also controls all the data generated in the forums, including the membership database. We have no control or access to this datum. Moving to a new forum system on our own servers will allow us control the data and provide the best forums possible to our members.
Will members of the old forums be able to login to the new forums?
Unfortunately, no. Xsorbit will not release any registered member information to us, so we cannot transfer the membership login information into the new forum system. This is a disappointing situation, but we hope that all our current members register with the new forums to continue one of the best iPod user communities on the Internet. We’re almost sure you’ll like your new home.
Will the old discussions be transferred to the new forums?
Unfortunately, no. Xsorbit will not release the database containing the discussions. So, in ONE WEEK from the time of this announcement the old forums will be made “read only.” You will only be able to search and read old discussions, but will not be able to post anything new on the old forums.
The new forums are a fresh start of something better for the future of iLounge. It’s one of many beneficial changes to be made. On behalf of all the forum administrators, moderators and myself, we hope you understand why we are doing this and we hope to see all our current and new members in the new forums.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address