Update: iLounge User Group meeting
Please join the iLounge User Group online chat in a lively discussion of all things iPod with guests from Griffin Technology and Speck Products. In our July meeting iSkin unexpectedly gave away eVo cases to every participant. You never know what you might be missing by not attending an online meeting.
Meeting Date: Tuesday, August 10th at 7pm ET/4pm PT.
7:00 - 7:15 pm: Open chat
7:15 - 7:20 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
7:20 - 7:35 pm: Angrew Greene, Griffin Technology
7:35 - 7:40 pm: Griffin Q&A
7:40 - 7:50 pm: Discussion: Is the 4G iPod worth it to upgrade?
7:50 - 8:00 pm: Tim Hickman, Speck Products
8:00 - 8:20 pm: Speck Q&A
8:20 - 8:25 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
8:25 - 8:40 pm: Discussion: User chosen topic
8:40 - 9:00 pm: Open chat
*To be eligible for giveaways during the meeting, please join the free User Group by registering with the forums.
The iLounge User Group meeting will take place using an IRC chat channel. Some of you may be new to IRC chat. Below is a general introduction on how to get started. It may seem a bit daunting using something unfamiliar, but we believe this is a much better solution for moderating a live chat with guests rather than using iChat or AOL AIM. This chat channel can be accessed at anytime using the following guide.
The official IRC chat channel is hosted at:
IRC Client Software for Windows
The IRC client we recommend is called mIRC written by Kahled Mardam-bey and is one of the most simple to use IRC clients. There are more IRC clients available for download at downloads.com.
IRC Client Software for Mac OS X
An easy to use IRC client software for OS X is Conversation 1.0. The software is designed for new users of IRC and the interface is very user friendly. If you’ve ever used iChat you’ll know what we mean.
The iLounge Guide to IRC Chat
By Michael De Silva - iLounge IRC Administrator
Basic IRC Commands
After you have installed your IRC client you will be presented with the IRC console.� The client is controlled via simple commands and these will allow the users to access IRC completely.
All commands are preceded by a forward slash in the format of ‘/command attribute1 attribute2’ and may contain other attributes.
The first command any IRC user should know is the ‘/server
‘. To connect to the #ilounge channel you must first make a connection to the server. This is done by typing ‘/server irc.hashmark.net’ and the process of connecting will take place. Some IRC clients require the user to type in a default user nickname to establish this connection and this varies from client to client.
Once the connection has been made a user may join a channel by using the ‘/join<#channame>
’ command and in our case ‘/join #ilounge’
If you would like to change your nickname at any time you may use the ‘/nick
For more IRC commands and more information click HERE. Some of the commands listed are mIRC specific but the majority are general and maybe applied to Mac clients as well.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?