Update: iLounge User Group meeting
Please join the iLounge User Group online chat in a lively discussion of all things iPod with guests from Griffin Technology and Speck Products. In our July meeting iSkin unexpectedly gave away eVo cases to every participant. You never know what you might be missing by not attending an online meeting.
Meeting Date: Tuesday, August 10th at 7pm ET/4pm PT.
7:00 - 7:15 pm: Open chat
7:15 - 7:20 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
7:20 - 7:35 pm: Angrew Greene, Griffin Technology
7:35 - 7:40 pm: Griffin Q&A
7:40 - 7:50 pm: Discussion: Is the 4G iPod worth it to upgrade?
7:50 - 8:00 pm: Tim Hickman, Speck Products
8:00 - 8:20 pm: Speck Q&A
8:20 - 8:25 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
8:25 - 8:40 pm: Discussion: User chosen topic
8:40 - 9:00 pm: Open chat
*To be eligible for giveaways during the meeting, please join the free User Group by registering with the forums.
The iLounge User Group meeting will take place using an IRC chat channel. Some of you may be new to IRC chat. Below is a general introduction on how to get started. It may seem a bit daunting using something unfamiliar, but we believe this is a much better solution for moderating a live chat with guests rather than using iChat or AOL AIM. This chat channel can be accessed at anytime using the following guide.
The official IRC chat channel is hosted at:
IRC Client Software for Windows
The IRC client we recommend is called mIRC written by Kahled Mardam-bey and is one of the most simple to use IRC clients. There are more IRC clients available for download at downloads.com.
IRC Client Software for Mac OS X
An easy to use IRC client software for OS X is Conversation 1.0. The software is designed for new users of IRC and the interface is very user friendly. If you’ve ever used iChat you’ll know what we mean.
The iLounge Guide to IRC Chat
By Michael De Silva - iLounge IRC Administrator
Basic IRC Commands
After you have installed your IRC client you will be presented with the IRC console.� The client is controlled via simple commands and these will allow the users to access IRC completely.
All commands are preceded by a forward slash in the format of ‘/command attribute1 attribute2’ and may contain other attributes.
The first command any IRC user should know is the ‘/server
‘. To connect to the #ilounge channel you must first make a connection to the server. This is done by typing ‘/server irc.hashmark.net’ and the process of connecting will take place. Some IRC clients require the user to type in a default user nickname to establish this connection and this varies from client to client.
Once the connection has been made a user may join a channel by using the ‘/join<#channame>
’ command and in our case ‘/join #ilounge’
If you would like to change your nickname at any time you may use the ‘/nick
For more IRC commands and more information click HERE. Some of the commands listed are mIRC specific but the majority are general and maybe applied to Mac clients as well.
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?