Update: RemoteRemote conflicts with iPod firmware 2.1
Engineered Audio emailed us the following:
“We’ve been working on this (between last night and this morning) (several electrical engineers…) and are now convinced that this is an issue specifically related to version 2.1.
We have a number of iPods here (15 or so) and have various versions of firmware 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, and 2.1 ... and all the failures here are only related to 2.1 ... go figure!”
Engineered Audio has issued a statement regarding the RemoteRemote wireless remote for 3G iPods. It seems that users with iPods updated to firmware 2.1 are experiencing problems controling the iPod via the receiver unit. At this time, shipping of the RemoteRemote has ceased until they fix the problem. (click ‘Read more’ for the full statement)
“This issue is not fully understood at this point, however, those customers that have updated their iPod to firmware version 2.1 will most likely suffer this failure. We have anecdotal evidence that iPod firmware versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 work. The working theory right now is that this is a timing (or structure) problem with the serial data that the receiver sends to the iPod.”
RemoteRemote update from Engineered Audio (11/05/03).
Due to a recently discovered problem with the RemoteRemote, we have temporarily stopped shipment of ALL RemoteRemote orders.
Engineered Audio has uncovered a problem in the RemoteRemote receiver, whereby the receiver will NOT control the iPod. This issue is not fully understood at this point, however, those customers that have updated their iPod to firmware version 2.1 will most likely suffer this failure. We have anecdotal evidence that iPod firmware versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 work. We have received some conflicting information that version 2.0.2 may (or may not) work. The working theory right now is that this is a timing (or structure) problem with the serial data that the receiver sends to the iPod. We hope to have further information over the next day or so as we work to uncover exactly what the problem is. Until then, please be patient as we work this issue.
Once the issue is identified, we will fix the receiver firmware, and continue shipping. We will also have those customers affected send their receiver in to have it’s firmware updated.
Please check http://www.engineeredaudio.com/faqs/remoteupdate.html for further updates on this issue.
We sincerely apologize for all the heartache this has cause, and ask for your patience and understanding.
- Apple Watch Nike+ Edition coming Oct. 28, AirPods still ‘late October’
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple also bringing W1 chip to new lineup of Beats headphones
- Apple’s new AirPods wireless earbuds set for October release, to cost $159
- Incipio acquires Griffin Technology
- Leaked photos appear to show Apple EarPods with Lightning connector
- Apple releases iOS 10.1, tvOS 10.0.1, watchOS 3.1
- New details about Apple Watch Nike+ exclusives, availability
- Apple’s website hints at possible Apple Pay launch in Germany
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet adds power monitoring, reduces price
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- iOS dev finds unimplemented one-handed keyboard in iOS code
- Apple sends out press invites for ‘Hello Again’ Oct. 27 Mac event
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple partners with builders to include HomeKit-enabled devices in new homes
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 Headphones
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps