Update: RemoteRemote conflicts with iPod firmware 2.1
Engineered Audio emailed us the following:
“We’ve been working on this (between last night and this morning) (several electrical engineers…) and are now convinced that this is an issue specifically related to version 2.1.
We have a number of iPods here (15 or so) and have various versions of firmware 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, and 2.1 ... and all the failures here are only related to 2.1 ... go figure!”
Engineered Audio has issued a statement regarding the RemoteRemote wireless remote for 3G iPods. It seems that users with iPods updated to firmware 2.1 are experiencing problems controling the iPod via the receiver unit. At this time, shipping of the RemoteRemote has ceased until they fix the problem. (click ‘Read more’ for the full statement)
“This issue is not fully understood at this point, however, those customers that have updated their iPod to firmware version 2.1 will most likely suffer this failure. We have anecdotal evidence that iPod firmware versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 work. The working theory right now is that this is a timing (or structure) problem with the serial data that the receiver sends to the iPod.”
RemoteRemote update from Engineered Audio (11/05/03).
Due to a recently discovered problem with the RemoteRemote, we have temporarily stopped shipment of ALL RemoteRemote orders.
Engineered Audio has uncovered a problem in the RemoteRemote receiver, whereby the receiver will NOT control the iPod. This issue is not fully understood at this point, however, those customers that have updated their iPod to firmware version 2.1 will most likely suffer this failure. We have anecdotal evidence that iPod firmware versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 work. We have received some conflicting information that version 2.0.2 may (or may not) work. The working theory right now is that this is a timing (or structure) problem with the serial data that the receiver sends to the iPod. We hope to have further information over the next day or so as we work to uncover exactly what the problem is. Until then, please be patient as we work this issue.
Once the issue is identified, we will fix the receiver firmware, and continue shipping. We will also have those customers affected send their receiver in to have it’s firmware updated.
Please check http://www.engineeredaudio.com/faqs/remoteupdate.html for further updates on this issue.
We sincerely apologize for all the heartache this has cause, and ask for your patience and understanding.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?