Update: Take your iPod for a swim | iLounge News

Update: Take your iPod for a swim

After emailing CS Ideas about their waterproof cases, they have informed us about another case, the Aquapac Connected Electronic Case ($60) for iPod, PDAs and other mp3 players.

While browsing the forums, iLounger ‘a_nona_mouse’ posted an interesting link to a company offering a $50 Waterproof Music Kit featuring a waterproof AquaTunes case with belt and waterproof earphones. “Made from Clear PVC for better visibility and operation of controls. Exclusive clamp design provides watertight seal. Comfortable webbing belt with corrosion proof, impact resistant molded buckles. Provides universal fit and is fully adjustable up to 40”. Belt extensions are also available. Full 30 day warranty.”

« Contour Design Showcase Now Shipping

Mac: Audiobook Studio 3.0 Released »

Comments

It may be able to keep water out, but there’s no keeping condensation out ...... and that can still cause lots of damage to the iPod.

Posted by jsmoove7 on November 4, 2003 at 11:29 AM (CST)

Scary… I don’t know if I could ever trust any product with my iPod in the water—especially one with a 30 day warranty.  :-D

Posted by azdude_15gb on November 4, 2003 at 11:29 AM (CST)

Wow… This is a really stupid product. If you buy this item you really need to evaluate your “relationship” with your Ipod.

Posted by hopton154 on November 4, 2003 at 11:57 AM (CST)

that looks like a plastic bag attached to some clamps…. :T

Posted by riceboi on November 4, 2003 at 1:49 PM (CST)

why on earth would you need your ipod under water?

i’d prefer an anti-gravity case for my ipod, so i could float my fat ass to work and avoid traffic.

Posted by Box on November 4, 2003 at 2:37 PM (CST)

I’m a lap swimmer and I usually swim a minimum of a mile 5 times a week.  So I’m swimming back and forth for at least an hour.  If I could find goggles that projected movies, you’d better believe I’d buy a pair.

It sure sounds nice to me to strap on my iPod and listen to some tunes or an audio book while I’m swimming.

Posted by Scientist on November 4, 2003 at 8:51 PM (CST)

30Gb iPod, $500
matching stylish swim trunks, $50
water proof case, $50

watching your friends iPod sink to the bottom of the pool because he forgot to seal the case…. Priceless!

Posted by Mirage on November 5, 2003 at 7:21 AM (CST)

My iPod under (or even near) water, no! Maybe a cheap $20 walkman, but not my iPod.

Posted by Rich in Rhode Island, USA on November 5, 2003 at 7:22 AM (CST)

I like to skimboard. and i like to listen to my music. If im at the beach and theres plenty of familly around i dont wanna be bumping my tunes ove rthe radio out loud. So, the solution,

Ipod in a waterproof bag… even a good ziplock bag with one of those fm transmitters

and i use a cheep water proof fm radio…its super small..and super cheep
i bolieve swim co or speedo makes em for like 20 bucks.
Ipod stays dry..and you get to listen to your fave tunes.
enjoy.

Posted by Sabbycat cool on May 10, 2004 at 1:15 PM (CDT)

Wow! If you even think about taking your ipod in the water you shouldn’t be allowed to have one. Why would you even risk it. you might as well give away to a smarter person so they will enjoy it.

Posted by davis on August 10, 2004 at 1:33 PM (CDT)

I am dying to try the aqua-pac but I am afraid. I too swim laps for exercise and its SOOOOO BORING>>.
doing it to music would be great! I bought the aqua-pac months ago but only recently just received my backordered Ipod Mini that I ordered back in February.
I’ll let you know when I take the plunge.

Posted by katchaya on August 15, 2004 at 6:16 PM (CDT)