Updated: Audio Outfitters looking for beta testers for new iPod product | iLounge News

Updated: Audio Outfitters looking for beta testers for new iPod product

“Audio Outfitters - Audio Outfitters, LLC, a leading provider of audio products announced today that they are looking for current Apple iPod owners to participate in market research for a new iPod product.

Update 1|21|04 11:49am PT:
iLounge and other’s who opted to participate have recieved the following email from Audio Outfitter’s:

We wanted to send a quick response to you to let you know that we received your request to participate in our market research and beta testing of our new product.

Comments

you guys can understand my attempt at english in that last post right?

Posted by Mijman2 on January 20, 2004 at 6:40 PM (CST)

hmm… just sent my e-mail.  Hopefully I can be a beta tester.

Posted by iHeartiPods on January 20, 2004 at 6:59 PM (CST)

Hmmm…...interesting. I wonder what it is.

Posted by nick954 on January 20, 2004 at 7:39 PM (CST)

I just wish I knew what it was. I hope that it is something really cool.

Posted by Andy on January 20, 2004 at 7:40 PM (CST)

I sent an email before the first replay to this topic, so hopefully I’m one of the first!

Posted by Ipodforlife on January 20, 2004 at 8:06 PM (CST)

There was only one when I sent mine so I should be pretty high on the list. Let us know if you find anything out!

Posted by Andy on January 20, 2004 at 8:12 PM (CST)

should get a response next business day (tomorrow) hopefully with in 24 hours. At least that would make sense to me.

Posted by Andy on January 20, 2004 at 8:17 PM (CST)

Yup, still waiting…

Posted by UTEP_MinerPod on January 20, 2004 at 8:19 PM (CST)

Still waiting….

no email

its been like 5 hours

Posted by Ed on January 20, 2004 at 9:09 PM (CST)

I am gonna have to agree with the people suggesting caution. How can a company be a “a leading provider of Audio products for the Apple iPod.” and no products of theirs are known nor reveiwed by ipodlounge. Seriously doesnt seem right.

Posted by Ron on January 20, 2004 at 9:10 PM (CST)

if its anything, i googled charlie bernstein and there is a paper he wrote on hd based video archiving (or simular) for tv broadcasters

3/4 way down the page.

—————————————-

i also found a page about someone by the same name working for AT&T wireless (which looks kinda promising) in particular the quote: “Charlie Bernstein is the Bay Area regional vice president-general manager for AT&T Wireless. He can be reached at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

dunno what it is but it may say that it could be to do with video and the pod or mobiles…. who knows?

Posted by timmy in Melbourne, Australia on January 20, 2004 at 9:18 PM (CST)

the at&t related page i found was

Posted by timmy in Melbourne, Australia on January 20, 2004 at 9:18 PM (CST)

Charlie Bernstein is with Philips Broadcast Television Systems (BTS) Co., Salt Lake City, UT 84119.

found at http://www.smpte.org/smpte_store/journals/indexes/abstracts.cfm?journali=4&month=44

Posted by timmy in Melbourne, Australia on January 20, 2004 at 9:22 PM (CST)

Do you guys realize that there could hundreds of Charlie Bernsteins.

Posted by Andy on January 20, 2004 at 9:29 PM (CST)

ooooooooo tv for ipod maybe? video on disks (ipod?) seemed to be the main idea. but he did say the thing was audio

Posted by aswimmer94563 on January 20, 2004 at 9:37 PM (CST)

yes (i found one or two on google) but a guy that used to be at a tv broadcasters (and wrote on that kinda stuff) and who worked (at a high level) at a mobile company is likely to start something ipod related (on the guise that all three are tech related) and i did say that this only meant that it was possible that video or mobile phones could be united with the ipod

Posted by timmy in Melbourne, Australia on January 20, 2004 at 9:37 PM (CST)

I appreciate the speculation, but as Andy indicated, There are more than one Charlie Bernstein out there.  Congrats to Timmy for finding a White Paper I published years ago.  By the way, it unforetunately has nothing to do with Video, though I wouldn’t be surprised to see future products that can play music videos in the palm of your hand.

Posted by Charlie Bernstein on January 20, 2004 at 9:56 PM (CST)

so charlie - what is ur product about?  and when do i receive my free ipod in the mail?  u have 20 of us dorks interested in ur product that we know nothing about - if u say monster audio cable is good - i will lose all respect for ur ‘audio products’  i hate steve jobs

Posted by gabe on January 20, 2004 at 10:04 PM (CST)

does my inquisitiveness get me a place as a beta tester??? i sent an email to you (with no reply yet). (email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address))

Posted by timmy in Melbourne, Australia on January 20, 2004 at 10:15 PM (CST)

Is there an age requirement?

Posted by James on January 20, 2004 at 10:16 PM (CST)

Page 2 of 6 pages  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›