Updated: Audio Outfitters looking for beta testers for new iPod product | iLounge News

Updated: Audio Outfitters looking for beta testers for new iPod product

“Audio Outfitters - Audio Outfitters, LLC, a leading provider of audio products announced today that they are looking for current Apple iPod owners to participate in market research for a new iPod product. According to Charlie Bernstein, President of Audio Outfitters, ‘This new product is the first of its kind and a product that is a long time coming.’

In order to participate in the Beta test and market research for this product, please send an e-mail to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  A non-disclosure will be sent to you.  Once filled out, a representative from our company will contact you with instructions.  Make sure your voice is heard and contact us today.

Audio Outfitters is a leading provider of Audio products for the Apple iPod.”

Update 1|21|04 11:49am PT:
iLounge and other’s who opted to participate have recieved the following email from Audio Outfitter’s:

A survey will be sent to you in the next few days for you to fill out and return via e-mail.  Selection will be based on the feedback we receive from you and on how closely you fit our target market.

Note:  This e-mail does not indicate that you have been selected to participate at this time.  Selection will be based on the feedback from the survey you receive.

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback.

Sincerely,
Charlie Bernstein
AudioOutfitters

Editor’s note: I have no idea what the product is, but I spoke with Mr. Bernstein on the phone and yes, it’s a legitimate request for feedback on a new iPod product. See his comments below.

This is legitamate. We are developing a new product and will be sending a questionaire out in the next few days. As with all good products, we believe it should be based on customer feedback and not the single idea of a few people. We want to make sure this product meets your needs and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your interest.

The Web site is under development and will be launched shortly.

Charlie Bernstein
Audio Outfitters.

« Members of Parliamant in UK vote on iPod battery issue

“The iPod is the modern-day equivalent of the Samurai sword” »

Comments

got an email back but it still says nothing about the product. here it is:

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback.

Sincerely,
Charlie Bernstein
AudioOutfitters

I hope I get chosen as I don’t think this is a scam

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 10:25 AM (PDT)

got an email back:We wanted to send a quick response to you to let you know that we received your request to participate in our market research and beta testing of our new product.  The response has been overwhelming.

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback.

Sincerely,

Charlie Bernstein
AudioOutfitters

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 10:26 AM (PDT)

sorry didn’t see the second page. Dumb me!

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 10:28 AM (PDT)

dont know why I sent it twice though. oh well

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 10:31 AM (PDT)

charlie:
I’ll stay on - however, I am curious to see how invasive the questions on your survey will be.  Additionally, I’d advise the whole crew here not to fill anything out unless you come forward with some sort of description of what you are trying to test.  Product release and testing usually relies on the product being somwhere NEAR avaialbility.  that your questionaire, “disclosure” , product summary and website are not yet complete is HIGHLY suspicious and is, at the very least, no way to run a business.

there - either I’ve saved folks from fraud or you’ve found the voice that is going to be hardest on your product and company.

I can’t wait to see what you’ve got,
daddo

Posted by daddo on January 21, 2004 at 11:50 AM (PDT)

it should be interesting. can’t wait. hope to hear from you soon Charlie.

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 12:07 PM (PDT)

Well, I send him an email.  If he’s legit and I’m comfortable that the product won’t damage my unit I’m willing to give him feedback.

Posted by sarrett on January 21, 2004 at 1:45 PM (PDT)

so charlie, how many people signed up? are we talkin thousands for 100 spots or what? just wonderin what the chances are i’ll get picked. also, as somone else mentioned, is there an age requirement?

Posted by aswimmer94563 on January 21, 2004 at 2:00 PM (PDT)

as of now I am almost positive that hes legit. if not completely positive. Charlie, im not sure about everyone else but I trust you.

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 2:03 PM (PDT)

coke with lime rules

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 2:04 PM (PDT)

We have had over 1000 requests to participate from around the world.  Everyone will have the opportunity to fill in the survey and help influence the features of the product.  After all it is for all of you.

We will base the selection on the responses to the survey by how closely they fit our target customer profile.

Thank you everyone for your interest.

Sincerely,

Charlie Bernstein

Posted by Charlie Bernstein on January 21, 2004 at 2:13 PM (PDT)

Charlie, can you tell us something about this product? We are all dying to know

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 2:20 PM (PDT)

Relax people. What is with the conspiracy crap?

Unless he ask’s for your SS# or bank account what can he do with your name?

If he wants my address to send the demo product..fine..beyond that I can’t see what info they would need.

I’m sure it’s fine..maybe the original ad was mis-worded and there are some red flags because of this but until more is known back off some.

Maybe these people landed an ew deal w/ Apple to make ipod related products and they want us to help them get off the ground by testing out some new gear. They obviously want experienced ipod user’s and thus they came to the right place.

I hope I’m picked. This could be fun. I hope it’s a am/fm radio add-on. That is a long overdue ipod accessory.

I’m sure it’s legit….. but don’t participate if you don’t feel comfortable rather than accuse the guy of running a scam.

Unless he wants $$$ from us to particapte what would be in it for him?

Posted by json on January 21, 2004 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

I just did a google search and I found a Leonard Bernstein. I emailed, but he didn’t reply. I’m not sure I trust him either.

Posted by Jackson in London on January 21, 2004 at 3:25 PM (PDT)

give it up we can trust the guy. anyways what it he going to do with your name, address and email. theres nothing he can to but send us stuff

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 3:42 PM (PDT)

Call out the hypochondriacs in America’s modern day world, it must be a SCAM (or a terrorist plot)!

There must be quite a few Bernstein’s out there, and I’m sure some of them happen to share a first name.  I understand that nobody wants to be duped of their $$ or identity, but to accuse someone of fraud for sending out a request for Beta testers sounds like being a bit too paranoid or trigger happy with the accusations.

Show the man a little love.

Jay

Posted by jay on January 21, 2004 at 3:54 PM (PDT)

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback.

Sincerely,

Charlie Bernstein
AudioOutfitters

Posted by Supermoose on January 21, 2004 at 7:14 PM (PDT)

It will be insteresting to know how many people really get to test this “product”...or are they only in this for getting some survey results…?

Posted by Jussi on January 21, 2004 at 10:45 PM (PDT)

seriously…chill out, kids.

register for identity theft protection (checks your credit report (does NOT do a credit check) every week, and sends you an email if there was any activity on your identity.  if there were unauthorized requests on your accounts (including signing up for new accounts that you didnt’ sign up for), you check it, call company, and fix problem before it becomes a problem. smile

i can find the info…it costs like $60 or so, for your full credit report/credit history, and a year of the ‘credit check/fraud protection’ service.

Posted by onlyshawn on January 22, 2004 at 9:01 AM (PDT)

The survey is here! The survey is here! (Think Steve Martin in The Jerk)

Filled out the survey, sent it back. Am I the taget demo? I doubt it, since I’m a geezer at 42.

RIP Capt. Kangaroo

Posted by Pete LaV on January 23, 2004 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

Page 4 of 6 pages « First  <  2 3 4 5 6 >