Updated: Audio Outfitters looking for beta testers for new iPod product | iLounge News

Updated: Audio Outfitters looking for beta testers for new iPod product

“Audio Outfitters - Audio Outfitters, LLC, a leading provider of audio products announced today that they are looking for current Apple iPod owners to participate in market research for a new iPod product.

Update 1|21|04 11:49am PT:
iLounge and other’s who opted to participate have recieved the following email from Audio Outfitter’s:

We wanted to send a quick response to you to let you know that we received your request to participate in our market research and beta testing of our new product.

Comments

Yeah. just got the survey as well. Hope I get picked. we shall see.
                  -Ziggo

Posted by Ziggo on January 23, 2004 at 12:27 PM (CST)

Hey I got my survay but cant fill it out it dosnt seam to work write

Posted by iamgodAKAroot on January 23, 2004 at 4:52 PM (CST)

Charlie,

I can’t send my completed survey back to you as your mail server rejected it due to your being over quota.  I will try later or please provide an alternative email

Thanks!

Posted by sarrett on January 23, 2004 at 5:21 PM (CST)

OK, it looks like my attempt to send it back worked this time.

(Yeah, I"m a 42 year old geezer too :-) ....and yes, I grew up watching Capt Kangaroo as well.

Posted by sarrett on January 23, 2004 at 6:08 PM (CST)

Big deal. Why is everyone worrying about the possibility of someone stealing your personal information? I doubt any of you gave anything other than standard contact info.

You do this every day when you sign up for prize entry forms and a host of other internet services. Big deal. If it turns out to be a scam the worst that can happen is more spam.

The guy has made an effort to dispel the conspiracy theories in here so give him a chance.

I would like to comment on a possible idea for an iPod product. If someone would make an adapter that takes the firewire signal from DV camcorders and inputs it to the iPod for hard drive recording, I would buy it in a snap if it were reliable and iPods had larger sizes.

My 2 cents…

Posted by Chris Koehn on January 25, 2004 at 1:04 AM (CST)

I got the survey and couldn’t edit the info in ms word 97 . where you would normally put data there are greyed out boxes that say {FORM TEXT} I cant add anything! anybod know why? maybe it won’t work with word 97

Posted by kuta on January 25, 2004 at 2:12 AM (CST)

I checked and there is actually only one Charlie Bernstein.  If you search on “Highlander,” you will find out that “there can be only one.”  Then search on Citizen Kane and you will find that he is a character.  Hence, this product is some type of Rosebud.  It’s definitely legit!

Posted by Zorg on January 27, 2004 at 4:11 PM (CST)

well i sent off my survey i hope i’m a betta tester

Posted by |x| on January 28, 2004 at 3:22 PM (CST)

I hope you are a betta tester than you are a speller…

Posted by (*) on January 29, 2004 at 7:02 AM (CST)

sorry the t button got pressed twice.

i think i heard of this happening before , not sure it might just me a myth.

who knows for now i guess i’ll just call it a typo.

Posted by |x| in PEI, Canada on January 29, 2004 at 6:46 PM (CST)

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking time to fill out the survey and providing us with valuable feedback regarding our new product.  The response was overwhelming.  We received 1600 responses to the original request.  Of those responses, we received 875 returned surveys.  As you can imagine, it is not possible to have 875 beta test sites.

At this time, I would like to inform you that you have not been chosen to participate in the next phase of our beta test program.  I appreciate your prompt responses and the thought put into the survey.

In consideration of your support, we will notify you when the product is released and provide you with product discounts that will not be offered to the general public when the product is available.  Again, I thank you for your support and appreciate the information you provided.

Posted by brent on January 30, 2004 at 2:45 PM (CST)

Yeah, I just got a turn-down, boo hoo.  Now I would like to see a message from someone who was chosen.

Posted by Pete LaV on January 30, 2004 at 3:04 PM (CST)

i got chosen, the email said 350 were chosen for the next stage and i had to sign a non-disclosure - so i cant say more.

Posted by anony mouse on January 30, 2004 at 3:42 PM (CST)

Well, I haven’t heard a thing…either yeah or neigh.

Posted by sarrett on January 30, 2004 at 3:50 PM (CST)

I was chosen for the 350 cut. I, too had to sign and return the non-disclosure agreement.  Haven’t heard anything back since returning it, though.

Posted by rdlink in Denver on January 30, 2004 at 5:35 PM (CST)

how old are you guys that got chosen? (just curious to see if age is a factor)

Posted by Andy on January 30, 2004 at 10:19 PM (CST)

shit, I already sent him bank info ‘cause I thought he would want to know. I agree that we are all being a little paranoid. I wouldn’t expect too much from this as most companies in this industry don’t last. It’s a hard market to break… but the feedback generated here is probably worth to them more that the beta testing. Hopefully Charlie is reading this and the figure out a way to improve solitaire on the ipod. nothing is more boring than sitting in an airport playing solitaire on your ipod and having to finish a game you already know you won.

Posted by Canadian on January 31, 2004 at 5:51 PM (CST)

Hey - I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this since we all sent in those info sheets.  It’s been a couple weeks…

Also… Could someone please explain why a few of the people were so uptight about this thing that they wanted to verify it SO badly?

Posted by Felix Leech in PA on February 8, 2004 at 11:13 PM (CST)

Ok, I didn’t realize there was a second page to all this.

I’m disapointed that I didn’t hear anything back either way.  I sent the survey in on time, but I never received anything saying yea or nay.

Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Posted by Felix Leech in PA on February 8, 2004 at 11:24 PM (CST)

I got through to each of the questionaires (3 in total) last thing I heard was on Feb 13th. Can’t say anything else due to the disclosure agreement. Anyone else heard anything?

Posted by Tequeeza on February 19, 2004 at 10:32 AM (CST)

Page 5 of 6 pages ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 >