Updated iPod shuffle, new Apple device at Macworld Expo?
Piper Jaffray senior analyst Gene Munster has provided an overview of potential product announcements that could be made at next week’s Macworld Expo in San Francisco. Munster believes that an updated iPod shuffle, expanded iTunes video content, Intel-based Macs, and a new consumer electronics device are all possible.
“We believe it is likely that Apple will announce a new iPod shuffle at Macworld,” Munster said in a research note provided to iLounge. “We believe a new shuffle will have similar capacity to existing shuffles, but a slightly different form factor and potentially a small screen.”
The analyst said he “would be surprised if Apple does not announce new video content offerings” at the event. “We expect new TV shows and, potentially, feature films will be added to the existing offerings available at iTunes,” Munster said.
Munster said we could also expect something completely new from Apple. “We believe it is possible that Apple will introduce some form of new consumer electronics device, continuing on the trend towards being more of an entertainment/media technology company, not just a computer company,” he said.
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Apple releases first developer betas for iOS 9.3.3, tvOS 9.2.2
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.2, watchOS 2.2.1, tvOS 9.2.1, iTunes 12.4
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- Nintendo bringing Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing to iOS
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)