Urbanspoon adds personalized filters, editorial lists
Urbanspoon has released a major update to its iPhone and iPod touch app adding support for customizable filters and location-aware wish lists along with new editorial lists and a redesigned user interface. Urbanspoon helps users locate restaurants based on their location and/or specified food and price preferences and also provides expanded information such as ratings and reviews for restaurants sourced from newspapers, bloggers and fellow eaters. Urbanspoon 2.0 now allows users to create personalized filters with additional criteria such as hottest spots, most popular with diners and availability to help provide an even more relevant focus on restaurant recommendations. An interactive map is now also included on restaurant lists that allow users to narrow their view down by cuisine, distance, name, popularity and price.
The new version also now includes pre-defined editorial lists that users can choose from, such as James Beard Award winners, Eater’s hottest 38 restaurants in major cities and more. Wish lists are now location-aware allowing users to be notified if they are near a restaurant on their wish list. The latest update also features a new visual design to make it easier for users to browser and search within the app. Urbanspoon 2.0 is available from the App Store as a free download.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards