Urbanspoon adds personalized filters, editorial lists
Urbanspoon has released a major update to its iPhone and iPod touch app adding support for customizable filters and location-aware wish lists along with new editorial lists and a redesigned user interface. Urbanspoon helps users locate restaurants based on their location and/or specified food and price preferences and also provides expanded information such as ratings and reviews for restaurants sourced from newspapers, bloggers and fellow eaters. Urbanspoon 2.0 now allows users to create personalized filters with additional criteria such as hottest spots, most popular with diners and availability to help provide an even more relevant focus on restaurant recommendations. An interactive map is now also included on restaurant lists that allow users to narrow their view down by cuisine, distance, name, popularity and price.
The new version also now includes pre-defined editorial lists that users can choose from, such as James Beard Award winners, Eater’s hottest 38 restaurants in major cities and more. Wish lists are now location-aware allowing users to be notified if they are near a restaurant on their wish list. The latest update also features a new visual design to make it easier for users to browser and search within the app. Urbanspoon 2.0 is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?