U.S. and HD TV come to Canada’s iTunes, U.S. TV discounts offered
The Canadian iTunes Store today began to offer television content from several major U.S. television networks in both standard and high-definition. The U.S. networks now showing on the iTunes Store include ABC, NBC, Fox and Warner Bros, and though not all content from these networks is available in Canada yet, the content that is available encompasses many of the most popular TV shows: Heroes, Lost, The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, 30 Rock, Fringe and others. At this time, the available content includes only current-season episodes, and it is unknown whether previous seasons will be added in the future. Previously, only some Canadian content and a very limited selection of non-prime-time U.S. content was available in the Canadian iTunes Store, none of which was available in HD. TV shows on the Canadian iTunes Store are priced at $2.49 CAD for standard-definition content, and $3.49 CAD for high-definition content.
In related news, the U.S. iTunes Store is offering a “limited time” promotion on certain SD + HD TV programs from the CBS and CW networks. Discounted shows include CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, 90210, NCIS, Numb3rs and Survivor, all selling for $0.99 US for SD episodes or $1.99 US for HD episodes.
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.1 update for Windows
- Report: Details on Apple’s upcoming Beats-based streaming service
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Apple responds to EU iTunes refund abuse
- Apple introduces 14-day refund policy on iTunes purchases in the EU
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?