U.S. and HD TV come to Canada’s iTunes, U.S. TV discounts offered
The Canadian iTunes Store today began to offer television content from several major U.S. television networks in both standard and high-definition. The U.S. networks now showing on the iTunes Store include ABC, NBC, Fox and Warner Bros, and though not all content from these networks is available in Canada yet, the content that is available encompasses many of the most popular TV shows: Heroes, Lost, The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, 30 Rock, Fringe and others. At this time, the available content includes only current-season episodes, and it is unknown whether previous seasons will be added in the future. Previously, only some Canadian content and a very limited selection of non-prime-time U.S. content was available in the Canadian iTunes Store, none of which was available in HD. TV shows on the Canadian iTunes Store are priced at $2.49 CAD for standard-definition content, and $3.49 CAD for high-definition content.
In related news, the U.S. iTunes Store is offering a “limited time” promotion on certain SD + HD TV programs from the CBS and CW networks. Discounted shows include CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, 90210, NCIS, Numb3rs and Survivor, all selling for $0.99 US for SD episodes or $1.99 US for HD episodes.
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2 with OS X Photos app support
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple struggling to drop price of upcoming streaming music service
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.1 update for Windows
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?