User Group meeting a great success | iLounge News

User Group meeting a great success

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, August 12, 2004
Site News Categories:

We had about fifty people in our recent iLounge User Group meeting this past Tuesday making it a great success and the largest single online chat related to iPods.

Our guests, Andrew Green, VP of Marketing and Design at Griffin Technology and Tim Hickman, General Manager at Speck Products talked about their current line of iPod accessories, future products and answered questions from the audience. Griffin gave away two iTrips while Speck Products, in a surprise move, gave away FlipStands and ArmBands (your choice) to the first twenty people that sent an email to me, Dennis Lloyd (iLounger), the meeting’s moderator. Speck also ended up giving away additional prizes after asking two different trivia questions of the audience. It was great fun and I hope we see many more new faces at the next meeting.

Thanks to Griffin Technology and Speck Products for taking time out to stop by and participate.

Who knows what will happen at the next meeting. (September 6, 2004 at 4pm PT/7pm ET)

« Griffin announces RoadTrip 3-in-1 Transmitter, Charger and Cradle for docking iPods

Power Support launches U.S. site »

Comments

i would have loved to have joined in the user group, but mirc didnt recognise irc.hashmark.net. I wonder how many others had this problem? could you post a (mirc launching) link to the channel for the next one.

Posted by $tatik on August 12, 2004 at 7:31 AM (PDT)

just connect to a Quakenet server. Go to Quakenets server and they have loads of different servers to connect to then just enter the channel.

Posted by Scott on August 12, 2004 at 12:07 PM (PDT)

was a ton of fun and i was one of the lucky 20…only problem is i dont ahve a mini, however speck was more then willing to switch for a three pack of iskins!!!!

so i really must say while these cahts are free promotion for their company they are a great way for customers to voice their opinion and feel more on a personal level…..i cant wait till Jobs joins us next time!!!!!!!

Posted by rivlinm in saint louis on August 12, 2004 at 1:07 PM (PDT)

I don’t have a mini so there gunna send out a 3G FlipStand, SWEET!

Posted by Gage Brumbaugh in Prescott, AZ on August 12, 2004 at 2:23 PM (PDT)

youll love the flip stand, the only two downsides are that if you dont have a 30/40 gb model you need the pad in the back of the case, and if you are not useing the stock apple buds many mini jacks may not fit

Posted by rivlinm in saint louis on August 15, 2004 at 5:58 PM (PDT)

I just received my 4G cases today.  I aksed for a blue case and not only did I receive that but the three color pack.  Way to go Speck !!

Posted by Ender78 on September 10, 2004 at 10:58 AM (PDT)

is there a way to transfer songs from the ipod to the computer

Posted by Marissa Berlanga on September 25, 2004 at 3:02 PM (PDT)

I can’t get my ipod to turn on ...I have obviously used it before.  I plugged it into the charger nothing the computer to update nothing Any answers?????????

Posted by mini mel on October 13, 2004 at 3:53 PM (PDT)