Using the iPod mini in the shower | iLounge News

Using the iPod mini in the shower

“Wow, the iPod mini is so hot - great size, now I can use my other iPod as a full time backup drive and for experiments. Right now I really like to get audio books and listen to them when I jog and in the shower (I transmit the signal to the shower radio via the iTrip). I’m currently listening to March’s Scientific American and the Pouges.”

« Design Your iPod Giveaway launched

Hitachi warns end users removing Microdrive from iPod mini »

Comments

And… you can’t do that with the normal iPod ?

Posted by LoneStar on March 8, 2004 at 7:44 AM (PDT)

I just listened to the Spice Girls while taking a crap.  Can I get a front page story now?

Posted by Jeremy on March 8, 2004 at 7:50 AM (PDT)

Geez…some of you people must have money to burn…amazing.

Posted by dez on March 8, 2004 at 8:17 AM (PDT)

And I use my 40gb iPod to hear Rodrigo and Sandro while in the bathroom, also if
I’m taking a shower, I can hear Vivaldi…
I WANT MY FRONT PAGE STORY!! (or it
was “I want my MTV”?)

Posted by elwilly on March 8, 2004 at 8:26 AM (PDT)

I’ve read a lot of complaints lately on some of the “un-newsworthy” articles that have been making their way to the ipod news page here and I never agreed with the critics here that said those articles should have never been posted.  I just figured, hey it’s got something to do with the ipod, someone must be interested in it.  This however may be the most uninformative and uninteresting collection of words I’ve seen on this site yet.  Wow, you can use an iTrip to broadcast to your shower radio!?  Thank you Captain Obvious.

Posted by ACLeroK on March 8, 2004 at 8:26 AM (PDT)

ahh. to have enough money to spend on all those toys.

Posted by Starboard on March 8, 2004 at 8:27 AM (PDT)

Isn’t exposure to lots of steam bad for iPods?  Don’t know about you guys, but by the time my shower is over the mirrors are heavily coated with steam….I’d hate to see that moisture on/in my iPod…

Posted by Breathe on March 8, 2004 at 8:38 AM (PDT)

the iPod isn’t in the shower/bathroom “I transmit the signal to the shower radio via the iTrip”

Posted by tariq on March 8, 2004 at 8:48 AM (PDT)

i’ve been doing the same thing with my regular ipod for months now… i listen to my ipod while eating a peanut butter sandwich! maybe you should post MY news story!

that said, i still put the ipod in the bathroom, a couple of feet away from the shower/radio. i never thought the fog/moisture might ruin the ipod though.. damn.

Posted by eric on March 8, 2004 at 9:00 AM (PDT)

Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Jeremy’s post is hilarious!

“Tell me what you want…...what you really really want!”

Posted by Stylescraper on March 8, 2004 at 9:46 AM (PDT)

I’ve developed this custom mod where I am able to listen to my iPod anywhere I go.  There is a 3.5 mm jack located on the top of my iPod where I have been plugging my headphones into and listening to music from!  I can post a write-up if anybody has questions….

Posted by Ryan on March 8, 2004 at 11:26 AM (PDT)

my ipod is white. any questions?

we could go on like this aaallll day you nice guys at ipodlounge, theres gotta be something better out there than what some guy does at sometime of the day with an ipod

Posted by meatmcguffin on March 8, 2004 at 11:43 AM (PDT)

I could tell you what I do in the shower, but it doesn’t have anything to do with my iPod.

Posted by Dasein on March 8, 2004 at 12:16 PM (PDT)

Kind of gives a new twist to the iSkin Exo accessory doesn’t it?

Posted by Stylescraper on March 8, 2004 at 12:41 PM (PDT)

Maybe there should be a separate sidebar section for this sort of news—file it under “Miscellaneous Fun Stuff” rather than real peripheral/hardware/software news.

Posted by dfd on March 8, 2004 at 1:06 PM (PDT)

Hey. I use my itrip to listen to my ipod mini whilst simultaneously using a night vision monocular and touching myself whilst spying on the teenage girl across the road.

Thanks Apple!

Posted by I Know Everything on March 8, 2004 at 1:07 PM (PDT)

You too!?

Posted by (T)(C)(O) in Tennessee on March 8, 2004 at 6:53 PM (PDT)

wow, what news!

Posted by dave on March 8, 2004 at 7:01 PM (PDT)

Those of you who question this post should check out Torrone’s site.  He’s doing #### (like the location based playlists, for example) that puts the iPod/iTrip/LIV into perspective.

STFU until you’ve won more awards than Torrone (or even just ONE award), then you’ve got grounds to criticize.

Posted by matthew on March 9, 2004 at 4:24 AM (PDT)

Torrone’s just an inveterate publicity whore.

Back when Segways were “cool” I’d see him puttering along on his stupid scooter and hated him - and then he started doing all this publicity!

He works for some advertising or events management company so he’s always looking for an angle to promote himself and boosting gadget lifestyles gets him contracts.

He got lots of coverage from the Segway but now that it’s become a joke I bet he’s looking for a new angle and I expect a daily, tedious “bookofipod” blog or something like that where he describes integrating an ipod into every facet of his tedious life.

Posted by Publicity Whore on March 9, 2004 at 7:19 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >