V-Moda debuts earphones for (PRODUCT) RED iPod nano | iLounge News

V-Moda debuts earphones for (PRODUCT) RED iPod nano

image

V-Moda today unveiled new colors of its VIBE noise-isolating earphones. One of interest to iPod owners is the new Red Roxx model. The red earphones are designed to pair with the iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition and will be available exclusively from the online Apple Store, Apple retail stores, and at V-Moda’s website throughout February. These earphones, V-Moda claims, provide “a precise balance of rich bass, warm mids and unprecedented clarity… and are fashionable accessories.” The Red Roxx earphones are priced at $101.

« Apple offers iTunes fix for Vista users

Nike intros iPod-ready Hatphones Cap »

Comments

I have these in the Gunmetal/black.  They sound awesome and stay in my ears when I exercise.  My wife has a red nano, so I think this may be her valentine’s day gift.  $101 is cheap compared to how these sound.

Posted by Jesse on February 2, 2007 at 3:04 PM (PDT)

new? I saw these on their website a few weeks ago, wonder what’s up?

Posted by Lauren on February 2, 2007 at 5:36 PM (PDT)

I have these in the flshblack chrome, and they sound excellent, much better than the cost.  I wish i would have known these were coming out though, because i am actually partial to red, idk why.

Posted by joey on February 3, 2007 at 1:11 PM (PDT)

so they are using the color to sell earphones and attaching themselves to the Product Red campaign without contributing a cent to the organization?

Posted by clifford on February 3, 2007 at 3:03 PM (PDT)

I used to swear by my B&O earphones until I picked up a pair of chrome VIBEs.  The sound is fantastic and well worth the price.

Posted by Jess on February 3, 2007 at 8:32 PM (PDT)

I wonder if any of the proceeds are going to help get rid of aids in Africa?

Posted by Chris on February 3, 2007 at 11:05 PM (PDT)

to Clifford: yep, its seriously a crying shame.

to Chris: as far as i can tell not a single cent actually goes to the (RED) organization.

Posted by Bob on February 4, 2007 at 12:43 AM (PDT)

I’m guessing that the authorization for something to be officially Product (RED) is pretty intense. They probably don’t let just any company have a product branded as product (RED); look at what they have so far: Motorola, American Express, Gap, Emporio Armani, Converse, and Apple. Have the general public heard of V-Moda? This is an image of charity for the trendy, not something fully committed to making a real change. I bought an INSPI(RED) shirt from Gap, despite the fact that 50% of profits actually go toward the global fund.

Anyways, enough of a rant; hope that cleared a few things up.

I’ve actually been looking at these headphones for a while, and now I have one more sweet color to choose from. The product you’re getting for your money is awesome, but if only I had the money in the first place…

Posted by Haley on February 5, 2007 at 9:01 PM (PDT)

I am so sick of you people commenting on a company’s charitable contributions.  Who gives a rat’s ###?

Posted by I_don't_care on February 10, 2007 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

A comment from Val the CEO (at Head-Fi I think) said that they were not accepted by Project Red and were looking at a charity closer to home.  (My recollection not his words).

Steve

Posted by steve on March 7, 2007 at 10:48 AM (PDT)