V-Moda debuts Vibe II, Griffin debuts Navigate in 2009 Guide
The Sneak Peeks sections of iLounge’s iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guides often see the first public debuts of new and exciting accessories for iPods and iPhones. This year, two of the most notable new products debuting in the 2009 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide come from V-moda and Griffin, in the form of the Vibe II headphones and the Navigate remote and FM receiver for iPod and iPhone. As the sequel to the popular Vibe ($128), V-Moda’s Vibe II with Microphone carry over some of the original’s best features—such as fabric cables, an integrated microphone with a music/call control button (found on the Vibe Duo), and separate black and clear eartips in multiple sizes—while adding a new smaller size of eartips, new casings, and detachable earhooks.
Griffin’s Navigate is the first in-line display remote control for iPhones and iPods, and a spiritual successor to the company’s earlier iFM. Navigate features a two-line OLED screen, play/pause, track forward/backward, stop, scan, EQ, playlist, and shuffle buttons. In addition to showing song information on the screen, Navigate also allows users to tune in FM radio stations, complete with RDS information. Both products are slated for release in November.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?