V-Moda debuts Vibe II, Griffin debuts Navigate in 2009 Guide
The Sneak Peeks sections of iLounge’s iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guides often see the first public debuts of new and exciting accessories for iPods and iPhones. This year, two of the most notable new products debuting in the 2009 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide come from V-moda and Griffin, in the form of the Vibe II headphones and the Navigate remote and FM receiver for iPod and iPhone. As the sequel to the popular Vibe ($128), V-Moda’s Vibe II with Microphone carry over some of the original’s best features—such as fabric cables, an integrated microphone with a music/call control button (found on the Vibe Duo), and separate black and clear eartips in multiple sizes—while adding a new smaller size of eartips, new casings, and detachable earhooks.
Griffin’s Navigate is the first in-line display remote control for iPhones and iPods, and a spiritual successor to the company’s earlier iFM. Navigate features a two-line OLED screen, play/pause, track forward/backward, stop, scan, EQ, playlist, and shuffle buttons. In addition to showing song information on the screen, Navigate also allows users to tune in FM radio stations, complete with RDS information. Both products are slated for release in November.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014