v-Moda now taking pre-orders for Vibe Duo with playback control | iLounge News

v-Moda now taking pre-orders for Vibe Duo with playback control

image

v-Moda is now accepting pre-orders for its revised Vibe Duo earphones with integrated iPhone call and music playback control. These revised earphones share features with the earlier control-less model, such as V-Masque dynamic drivers, noise-isolating technology, solid alloy composition, an iPhone-compatible headphone plug, and 12Hz-22kHz frequency response. The v-Moda Vibe Duo earphones with iPhone call and music playback control come with six pairs of silicone fittings in both clear and black, a black leather carrying pouch, and sell for $101; they are expected to begin shipping Oct. 1. [Thanks, Gavin]

« Truphone demos VoIP on the iPhone

GEAR4 unveils new cases for iPod nano 3G »

Comments

Vmoda is pretty much awful. I have a pair of the remix blue metal phones and they have fallen apart in less than 6 months. The company is typical LA, ARROGANT. (I know becuase I grew up there) They won’t reply to emails requesting a return, nothing. Phone calls are answered by rude people who “only can help with new orders”. Take your money elsewhere. The company does not have ANY customer service.

Posted by Todd Covelli on September 26, 2007 at 6:06 PM (PDT)

Todd, I can say otherwise.  I’ve had a pair of the Vibes go bad a couple months into owning, and they replaced them no questions asked.  Maybe you just had bad luck, but I can say without a doubt that they’re a good company.

Posted by MatrixSJD on September 26, 2007 at 6:09 PM (PDT)

Yah, i had some vibes and when the vibe duos came out i asked if they could upgrade me for a minimul fee and they charged me 40 bucks for new vibe duos.  I am kinda pissed now that these came out, but hey, i got 100 dollar headphones for 40 dollars and a broken pair of vibes.

Posted by joey on September 26, 2007 at 7:03 PM (PDT)

Overrated.

Not only is the sound quality nothing special, the buds are gaudy and poorly styled, and they tangle too easily.

I am not impressed. Shute, Etymotic, and Sennheiser are far better options, regardless of your iPod or iPhone model or the price.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on September 26, 2007 at 9:30 PM (PDT)

Obviously I meant Shure.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on September 26, 2007 at 9:33 PM (PDT)

Vmoda is a great company and make terrific sounding cans. I love every pair I have purchased from the company.

Posted by Tom on September 27, 2007 at 2:09 AM (PDT)

I hope something decent comes out soon with the playback control around $50.  I’m far from being an audiophile so I’m not about to buy a $100 pair of headphones.

Posted by Bethany on September 27, 2007 at 6:59 AM (PDT)

My first pair of Vibes came apart at the jack about 7 months after I got them, and V-Moda replaced them for free. My second pair never had any issues.

I’ve been holding off on getting a pair for the iPhone until they had playback control. Now that they do, I’m just hoping the Apple Store replaces their existing Vibe Duo’s so I can use my $100 credit to get them.

Posted by James Tavern on September 27, 2007 at 7:51 AM (PDT)

I had a pair of the original Vibes, and never had a complaint.  I set the iPod to Electronic, and I was totally impressed.  I wouldn’t say I’m an audiophile, but I am a musician and have a pretty finely-tuned ear.  (But I’m also a bass player, so I appreciate the low-end bias of the vibes).

Most importantly, they were good sound isolators, and DID NOT FALL OUT OF MY EARS when I ran!  That was the sticking point for me.

And then, I washed them in a pair of gym shorts ...  dumb.  So now I’m the proud pre-orderer of a pair of the new duos.  I’ll be checking my pockets more throughly from now on.

Posted by dave on September 27, 2007 at 12:20 PM (PDT)

Oh, one more thing:  To those who are going to pay cash for these (instead of using your iPhone credit): For a limited time, there’s no tax, and regular shipping is free ... So I held onto my credit.  With Chicago tax at 9%, I felt my Apple Bucks would be better held onto for the inevitable new iPod I’ll need when my 1G nano finally kicks the bucket.

Posted by dave on September 27, 2007 at 12:24 PM (PDT)

Ugh, I don’t think I like these at all ... talking with them on is like talking with your fingers in your ears.  And the button is a pain to locate on the mic.  These are going back.

Posted by dave on October 15, 2007 at 10:17 AM (PDT)

I love these ear-phones, but the first writer is correct. The customer service is pretty awful. V-Moda was dishonest about my return. They signed for my UPS package, sent me a bogus tracking number and then told me that they received my receipt and letter (which were inside the box with the ear-phones) but never received the the ear phones. Go figure. I have all of the e-mails in case anyone would like to peruse them. I think it is pretty bizarre and it is disappointing b/c they are a local and up and coming company.

Posted by cd on January 24, 2008 at 6:43 PM (PDT)