V-Moda unveils Vibe earphones | iLounge News

V-Moda unveils Vibe earphones

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, November 2, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

V-Moda today announced its Vibe noise-isolating earphones. Machined from alloy metal, the in-canal earphones “provide a precise balance of rich bass, warm mids and unprecedented clarity.” The Vibe earphones ($100) are available in Gunmetal Black or FlashBlack Chrome and come with a cable manager and a leather travel pouch. “The luxurious, unprecedented all-metal design of Vibe puts the earphones on par with high fashion jewelry, while the lightweight micro-size and ultra-soft silicon fittings provide a secure, comfortable fit during the most rigorous activities,” says V-Moda. See iLounge’s First Look for hands-on photos of the Vibe earphones.

« iFixit posts iPod shuffle 2G disassembly photos

SwitchEasy offers RunAway holder for Nike+iPod Sport Kit »

Comments

Does any one know whether these earphones will ever reach British shores? I’d love to be snag a pair in-store rather than online raspberry

Posted by DT on November 3, 2006 at 3:14 AM (PDT)

Where can one see the gunmetal model?

Posted by Bad Beaver on November 3, 2006 at 4:08 AM (PDT)

Bad Beaver, try the link in the article to V-Moda’s website.  Sheesh!

Posted by duh on November 3, 2006 at 6:40 AM (PDT)

those look HOTT! but looks and sound are two totally different things. i’d like to be able to listen to a pair first and see how they compare to my shure e2c. the black ones would be very nice.

Posted by mdwsta4 on November 3, 2006 at 7:03 AM (PDT)

Don’t be fooled - go with the Sony EX90LP’s - they look better, prob sound better (seperate bass and treble cones in each ear)and come from a more reputable manufacturer. They are simply unbelievable, best set of headphones I’ve ever owned. They look so good I’ve been stopped by at least a dozen people on the streets of NY asking where i got them from.  Check them out on Sony’s website.

Posted by Jim Steele on November 3, 2006 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

duh, I meant real pictures, not just recolored ones. Kinda obvious.

Posted by Bad Beaver on November 3, 2006 at 10:38 AM (PDT)

Yeah, real obvious from the words “Where can one see the gunmetal model?”.  Sheesh again!  Note: if you actually say what you mean, people will understand you better.

Posted by duh on November 3, 2006 at 12:33 PM (PDT)

Thats great news, thanx for the heads up Jackonicko. I sure hope John Lewis pick this product up before Christmas :D

Posted by DT on November 4, 2006 at 2:46 AM (PDT)

I placed an order for the earphones from the V-Moda shop on 11/16/2006 and they still haven’t arrived. Everytime I call their Customer Service line it’s engaged no matter what time I call. I’ve left message after message and nothing.
Surely a company that prides itself on CS should have people to answer customer queries?
So really there is nothing fanatical about their customer service or the delivery time of the earphones.
I’ve e-mailed them again, call it a last ditched effort…and no reply.

Let’s hope they read this and I get a response.

Posted by achavda on December 4, 2006 at 6:41 AM (PDT)