Vaja announces new Classic cases for dock iPods | iLounge News

Vaja announces new Classic cases for dock iPods

pic Vaja has announced the new Classic 665 and 667 cases which have been redesigned to accomodate new dock iPods. Both cases feature flip-top leather design, snap closure, screen protector, padded lining, optional belt clip, headphone access, and FireWire access. The Classic 665 fits 10 and 15GB iPods, while the Classic 667 fits 30GB iPods. Both cases start at $34.90 (w/o belt clip) and are available for pre-order. Custom cases start at $54.90 with options for embossing, color combos, lining, etc.

« MacMice Announces the GPerch for iPod

Dell: $40 off $400 TODAY Only »

Comments

sounds and looks awsome! cant wait! and the price is lighter than regular vaja cases. rest assured, its gonna be great!

Posted by ptc on July 1, 2003 at 4:32 PM (PDT)

I cant stand these type of cases, but the ivolution from Vaja with the white and grey combo is making me really want one.  Please convince me that I am only 16 and cant spend 90 on a case!!!please!!

Posted by rob on July 1, 2003 at 5:02 PM (PDT)

A little disappointing that the case doesn’t cover the bottom corners of the iPod, though.

Posted by Adrian on July 1, 2003 at 5:05 PM (PDT)

the White/White looks really nice, but $65?
I am gonna wait for XtremeMac cases and use a iskin in the meantime.

Posted by Riyad Chowdhury on July 1, 2003 at 6:21 PM (PDT)

Well it’s about time!  Now I gotta decide between this case and the waterfield design case.  Choices choices…

Posted by Johnathan J. on July 1, 2003 at 7:04 PM (PDT)

Do you think that it would be easy to open the case while the remote / headphones are plugged into the iPod, the hole isn’t that big is it? Owners of the original classic Vaja iPod case, how easy is it to open with the headphones plugged in? Tom.

Posted by tombertram on July 2, 2003 at 1:42 AM (PDT)

As manufacture and designer of iSkin and Maclear, I truely appreciate the design and quality of your cases.  I believe anyone that owns a Vaja case will agree with me. I hope one day to meet you. I will be also be entering some designed leather case into the iPod arena and I look forward to your comments on them. They will be selling from $60 to $200 + and in limited edition (goes back to my days of being an Artist in Canada). Do your cases sell in Hong Kong? Please look at my designs at [url=http://www.iskinusa.com]http://www.iskinusa.com[/url] and give me your comments on them. I am also looking for distributors in South America, I believe that is your home base. Let me know, you can write to me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on July 2, 2003 at 4:26 AM (PDT)

Are Vaja cases available in stores or just by online order?

Posted by Mel_Schlemming on July 2, 2003 at 5:55 AM (PDT)

I was all ready to buy the new Classic case until I came upon the last page of the web checkout and they want 18 flippin’ dollars for shipping!!!!!!!

That’s over half the cost of the $35 case, which I find OUTRAGEOUS.

Otherwise, definintely would have bought it.

Posted by Randy_M on July 2, 2003 at 7:39 AM (PDT)

BEWARE OF THESE CASES!  I have the classic case for my 2nd gen iPod and they have 2 MAJOR flaws:

1.  no reverse stitching on the case means it will scratch your iPod every time you try to put it in.

2.  cutout for the headphone jack is too small which means you can’t use any headphone you want.

Posted by kinetic on July 2, 2003 at 8:18 AM (PDT)

No protection for all corners?

What if you drop your iPod on the ground?  That really hurts!

I dropped my iPod twice but it still looks intact because the protection of the case. These two accidents all hit iPod’s corner.

Posted by jjclub in Taiwan on July 3, 2003 at 8:47 AM (PDT)

Ya, I agree with jjclub…..
and case is too expensive.

Posted by 20GB iPod in Canada on July 6, 2003 at 12:10 PM (PDT)

Well it won’t be too hard to add the zip case from Maclear.  That should be enough (at least I think) to avoid serious damage.

Posted by Johnathan J. on July 6, 2003 at 11:41 PM (PDT)