Vaja debuts iVod Silver case for 5G iPod | iLounge News

Vaja debuts iVod Silver case for 5G iPod

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, November 10, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Vaja has introduced the iVod Silver, a new version of its flagship case for the fifth-generation iPod. Made from Argentine leather like previous iVod cases, the Silver version features polished sterling silver accents around the screen and Click Wheel. The form-fitting case provides access to the Dock Connector, headphone jack and hold switch. It can also be ordered with an optional belt clip and personalized with text or graphics. The iVod Silver case is priced at $240 and is available in sizes to fit the 30GB iPod or 60GB/80GB iPod.

« Win a MacBook, iPods or earphones in iLounge contests

Proporta offers three cases for 2G iPod shuffle »

Comments

that is hot… but for $9.00 more, i could buy another 30GB iPod! i wouldn’t buy a $30K car and then get a car cover that costs $29K ?!?!

Posted by you_so_crazy! on November 10, 2006 at 5:50 PM (PDT)

This case is too sexy…I just with I could afford it.

Posted by Jealous on November 10, 2006 at 6:29 PM (PDT)

what? $240 for ipod case. come on. it’s insane. with this money, you can get nice LCD display or another ipod, or zune. even I can buy it, I don’t want to waste my bloody money. its product usually $90 below as I saw before. but that’s not in this time.

Posted by edward on November 10, 2006 at 6:36 PM (PDT)

If it was $100 Imight buy it. But not $240.

Posted by Shane on November 11, 2006 at 1:01 AM (PDT)

This is just plain stupid. I love my ivod SP for 100 dollars but paying another 140 dollars for the same case just with silver things covering the screen and wheel is just retarted. Vaja got a bit carried away on the pricing for this case.

Posted by MattinTX on November 11, 2006 at 5:21 AM (PDT)

Vaja = leather cases for the Leisure Class

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on November 11, 2006 at 10:32 AM (PDT)

Wow, nice case.  But like an earlier poster stated for an extra $10 you can buy another iPod.  I doubt this will be a big seller.

Posted by ucfgrad93 on November 11, 2006 at 11:51 AM (PDT)

Well, you could look at it this way…a human body has about $20 to $30 worth of elements and chemicals, yet we have no problem wrapping them in gawd-awfully expensive garments, kinda like the Helly Hansen ski shell I still don’t believe I just bought…

Nobody said chic is supposed to be cheap. Fact is, expensive is what makes tres chic the thang it is.

Still…I’d rather use MY $240 towards one of those Wiis.

Posted by flatline response on November 11, 2006 at 2:32 PM (PDT)

So what’s the big deal?  They’re still $100 cheaper than the Vaja Crystal.  smile

Posted by Downing on November 11, 2006 at 3:42 PM (PDT)

Haven’t you seen houses that have more valuable furnishings than the house is worth? How about cars that have more accessories than the cost of the car? This is the same thing…It’s a matter of preference.

Posted by podster1 on November 12, 2006 at 10:20 AM (PDT)

this is crazy..  even if a human body is made out of 30 bucks worth of chemicals, i would like to see you make any body part with that money.  some house do have more valuable furnishings than the house is worth but is any ONE SINGLE piece of furnishing more expensive than the house itself?

unless you are filthy rich, i don’t see average joes like me going for a case that expensive.

Posted by yeaaaaaaaaa on November 12, 2006 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

Aren’t the complaints here kind of missing the point?  Clearly someone who pays this kind of price cares about it more as a fashion accessory - it’s not like they are thinking “hrmm, this is almost the price of a new iPod, it isn’t really the wisest financial decision to purchase it”.

Really, complaining about the price of this seems like complaining about the price of just about any high priced luxury fashion accessory; there are people who buy $1000 purses when a $20 purse would do the same job.  It’s just about style, fashion, luxury goods, etc.

Posted by Zadillo on November 12, 2006 at 11:28 PM (PDT)

I guess I don’t understand Vaja, I mean, do they make any cases that aren’t an incredible eyesore? Every one of them looks really tacky. They make ugly cases and charge you an arm and a leg? How are they still in business?

Posted by rainking187 on November 13, 2006 at 2:12 AM (PDT)

Maybe Paris Hilton has this case.  I can’t afford one.  No one is arguing, just pointing out what seems like a ridiculously high price for a case.  Often, the super wealthy don’t care about the cost.  Even the not-so-wealthy who are concerned about style don’t care about the cost.  For those of us wrapping our iPods in $20, $30, even $40 cases for protection, this case is obviously not for us.  I think I paid $9 for the skin for my nano and I hesitated spending that.  I’d have to work a week to buy this case.  I’ll wrap mine in a gym sock before paying $240.  I won’t look cool at the mall, though.  Hahaha.

Posted by gym sock on November 13, 2006 at 8:28 AM (PDT)

...i don’t see average joes like me going for a case that expensive.

Betcha Vaja doesn’t either. Just ‘cause it’s posted here on ilounge doesn’t mean it’s meant to be targeted to everyone.

Posted by flatline response on November 13, 2006 at 11:56 AM (PDT)