Vaja intros iVod DJ case | iLounge News

Vaja intros iVod DJ case

pic Vaja has announced a new turntable-inspired version of its iVod leather case for iPods. Made from genuine Argentine leather, the iVod DJ features a vinyl Click Wheel cover that resembles an actual record. The padded leather case is available for all sizes of the 4G iPod and iPod photo, and offers a built-in screen protector and access to the Dock Connector Port, headphone port, and hold switch. The iVod DJ is available in numerous color combinations, and starts at $80.

« Apple takes over London subway station with shuffle ads

Mix: Napster, Playlist Club, 3.5” iPod, Wireless carriers »

Comments

sweet, too bad they don’t have them for 3rd gens, but it would look weird with the other buttons.  and 80 bucks is pretty high.

Posted by kespodder in BG, OH on March 14, 2005 at 3:30 PM (PDT)

Why do I want a case made out of Argentinans?

Posted by e-baby on March 14, 2005 at 3:36 PM (PDT)

E-baby, I’m not sure if that comment was sarcastic, but it came off as extremely rude.

Maybe you don’t appreciate good quality leather because for $80 you certainly aren’t going to get a piece of crap.

Posted by greencoffeebean on March 14, 2005 at 3:44 PM (PDT)

It says “Argentine leather”, so e-baby was probably referring to how “Argentine leather” can be taken two ways: leather from Argentina, and leather made from Argentinians (gross, but mildly amusing)

Posted by polycarbon in Ontario, Canada on March 14, 2005 at 4:35 PM (PDT)

GreenBean!  Your not sure if that was a sarcastic comment?!  Are you socially out of touch with humor?  Actually that leather is not worth 80$.  it’s the name vaja that’s worth atleast 40$.  i agree with polycarbon…..mildly amusing.

Posted by Zral in The Pecan Grove on March 14, 2005 at 5:21 PM (PDT)

Take it from me a guy who likes nice things for his ipod. I have an ivod caseit just is not whorth 80 bucks…believe me..

Posted by tonyi804 in USA on March 14, 2005 at 5:30 PM (PDT)

It was a sad joke and I’m sorry I spilled it all over us.  But, the responses were hilarious!  Sorry if I offended any Argentinians!

If $80 doesn’t buy crap, then what is that Sony MD player doing in my junk drawer?

Posted by e-baby on March 14, 2005 at 5:55 PM (PDT)

my sony md player reminds me of how cool those old sony MD commercials were like.  You know an MD for every girl the dude had.

But anyway back on point the vaja cases are pretty nice, and I like the color and record design of the case advertised. I agree that I wish it was on a 3rd generation, but maybe in the future with ipod part 5, I can pick one up and hopefully vaja will make a case for it.

Posted by Earl in New York on March 14, 2005 at 6:37 PM (PDT)

If I have $80 left after the WMC next week then I’m DEFINITELY getting myself on of these.  Lookin’ at the grey on red combination.

Glad I didn’t buy one a few weeks ago when i started looking.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on March 14, 2005 at 7:20 PM (PDT)

The bad thing is that MD’s were an awesome idea!
You could fit about 5 in your pocket without worrying about them getting scratched.  But then again, they don’t give off a good electro-fireworks display in the microwave either like cd’s.  Long live shiny highly-scratchable objects in our lives!

Posted by e-baby on March 14, 2005 at 8:20 PM (PDT)

Looks to me like it’s inspired by licorice catherine wheels… ;o)

Posted by Magic Rabbits in Aberdeen, Scotland on March 15, 2005 at 3:31 AM (PDT)

case mad out of Argentinians?  That is funny!

Some of you people are so politically correct it’s sickening.  Can someone not be amusing anymore?

Lighten up.

Posted by mgbrown66 in USA on March 15, 2005 at 5:40 AM (PDT)

Now that is a good looking case..

Posted by arsenalmad10 in UK on March 15, 2005 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

Man that’s sweet!

Posted by sechannell in United States on March 15, 2005 at 9:41 AM (PDT)

That case is a rip, if its made the same way as the case i got for my 3G… VAJA’s quality control leaves something to be desired.  I had to return 2 of them before I gave up on VAJA.  Besides, it adds too much bulk to the ipod as it is.  Nice look, matches ipodounge, but not for me.

Posted by apple juice in USA on March 16, 2005 at 7:51 AM (PDT)