Vaja iVod for 5G iPods available for pre-order | iLounge News

Vaja iVod for 5G iPods available for pre-order

imageVaja’s new iVod case for the fifth-generation iPod is now available for pre-order. Like previous iVods, the new model features a high-quality padded leather body, screen protector, and access to all controls and ports. The case can be ordered in a a number of colors with an optional click wheel protector, name or logo personalization, and clip system. The iVod for 5G iPods is priced at $70, but you can save 10% by pre-ordering now. It is expected to ship in December.

« France expected to reduce iPod tax

Mix: iPod store, Narnia, Top gear, BenQ »

Comments

I’m well aware of the Vaja reputation, but $70!!!  wow

Posted by chew63 on November 28, 2005 at 10:51 AM (PDT)

I just customize iVod for my 60GB iPod Video. The total? Wooping $117 plus shipping. It’s crazy but it’s worth it. I own a case for my 4th generation iPod, and I like it a lot, none of the case on the market match the case from vaja, so colorful, and the belt clip system is getting better.

Posted by derek168 on November 28, 2005 at 11:18 AM (PDT)

the belt clip system better be made out of Jesus’ bones for $117.

Posted by dave on November 28, 2005 at 11:49 AM (PDT)

“Jesus’ bones”

Ha!  Maybe that would be worth $117, but unless I’m getting actual Christ bone marrow…I’m not spending that on a case, not even a Vaja, and I own four different Vaja cases for varios gadgets.

Posted by stark23x on November 28, 2005 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

hey is the screen protector hard plastic?

Posted by WldBluYonder21 on November 28, 2005 at 12:32 PM (PDT)

Assuming the screen protector is the same as the i-Volution 20 gig case, it’s made of hard plastic.

Right now, the base price for the case is $63 without the scroll wheel protector and $68 with the scroll wheel protector.

I preordered mine last Wednesday, the first day it was available, to include the scroll wheel protector but no other options.  Total cost, including shipping ($17) to the USA, came to $85.

This will be my third Vaja case, so obviously I’m a big fan.

Posted by Downing on November 28, 2005 at 4:42 PM (PDT)

No way is $70 and over worth it

Posted by dannycohen62 on November 28, 2005 at 5:42 PM (PDT)

ordered miine in black/grey w/ no click wheel protector.  and it is worth it if that is what you want.  the price does not bother me at all as it is high quality, choice of colors and options, and a definate cool factor. You may not be willing to pay that price, but for some it is worth it.

Posted by scott2414 on November 28, 2005 at 6:20 PM (PDT)

$70.00…...
better drop the price, or you will be selling them for $14.99 at Overstock.com
by the 4th of July…...really!

Posted by LanTrek on November 28, 2005 at 8:22 PM (PDT)

I like them alot. But I am guessing they will not let me use an b&w NFL logo as a custom graphic??

Posted by ScottHaslip on November 28, 2005 at 9:31 PM (PDT)

Does the “wheel protector” in any way impede the functionality of the click wheel on the iPod?
My room is a mess but for some reason I’m a ‘clean freak’ when it comes to my gadgets. I want to make sure the wheel protector does not interfere with the function of the click wheel before I place my order…

Posted by masYmas on November 28, 2005 at 10:09 PM (PDT)

Here’s what Jeremy Horowitz had to say about the wheel protector in his review of the 4G version of this case:

i-Volution is the company’s first case to feature an optionally integrated thin plastic “Wheel Protector.? For only $6 more than the case’s standard price, the Wheel Protector makes the i-Volution the first leather iPod case to protect both the iPod’s Click Wheel and screen at the same time without using one of those pesky PDA case lids. It’s a welcome alternative to buying protective stickers or going without full iPod face protection, and better yet, it works really well. But for the slight sound of fingers touching plastic, you’ll never know that it’s there. It’s so good that it should be a standard feature on all of Vaja’s iPod cases.”

Posted by Smity on November 28, 2005 at 10:44 PM (PDT)

The Vaja cases are the best quality case available period. If you want the best, you have to pay for the best. Think of them as the Mercedes or BMW or Cadillacs of the accessory world.  Where else can you get a custom handmade case for this amount? You won’t be seeing these on Overstock.com or anywhere else for less, as they are made-to-order. I have owned several Vaja cases, and yes they are expensive. But they are worth it.

Posted by Rich Cunningham on November 29, 2005 at 10:28 AM (PDT)

I doubt Vaja cases will be sold on Overstock for $15, as they are custom made.

Posted by dasmegabyte on November 29, 2005 at 11:15 AM (PDT)

Placed my order for the Vaja case.
Caterina Black/Caterina Lemon combo with wheel protector and ultra clip.
$72 + $17 for S/H = $89.00

Stupid thing is, I don’t even have an iPod yet!! But I better get it now since I bought this nice custom leather case for it, HaHa! =)

Posted by masYmas on November 30, 2005 at 7:29 PM (PDT)

I don’t get the accusation of being too expensive frankly. I have just ordered mine for a 5G, ice flow/birch. I didn’t get any frills apart from the click wheel protection. All told (with post and packaging to the UK) came to £50. I just don’t think that is too bad frankly, not for what it is.

For me, it’s the only case which adds to the iPod’s looks rather than trying to look like it isn’t there or like something dead functional.

Like it or not, iPods need protecting and this is the most attractive way to do it - I think,
A

Posted by Laughinggravy on December 9, 2005 at 11:36 AM (PDT)

does anyone know where i can get an ipod case that holds 2 ? [ipod 20G + ipod video] been looking everywhere, but no luck.

Posted by hasnah on April 24, 2006 at 7:23 AM (PDT)