Vaja Launches New Website | iLounge News

Vaja Launches New Website

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, December 2, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

Vaja, makers of fine leather cases for MP3 players (including the iPod), PDAs and cell phones has launched their newly redesigned website along with a new company logo.

« Future Sonic Ears model EM3 earphones for $89

iTunes Music Store coming to Australia? »

Comments

Like many suppliers of Ipod and other similar types of accessories, shipping costs are crazy. I have both an Ipod and a Zen NX and would like to get a case for the Zen. Total cost without belt clip is $35 and shipping in US is $18!!! 51% of the product’s cost!!! I don’t care if they’re shipping from Mars, what an effing joke!!!

Also, their web site sucks performance-wise. I had to recycle pages several times. Same issue in IE, Mozilla, Firebird. New page, my azz!

Posted by Mark on December 3, 2003 at 7:30 AM (PDT)

They stole your color scheme!  smile

Posted by John on December 3, 2003 at 7:31 AM (PDT)

Oh cool, another company trying to sell ipod accessories.  Unnecessary products and rip-off postage rates.

this is the biggest scam since the Vaja paid some designer dude for that stupid spash page.

According to Jupiter/Forrester research, there are 120 ipod accessories for each ipod produced.

Posted by D-Berg on December 3, 2003 at 7:53 AM (PDT)

Uh, you know Vaja has been around for a long time - even before iPod right?  I like their products but can’t freakin justify spending that much $$$ that could be used for other stuff.

Posted by AC on December 3, 2003 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

I have a white ivolution vaja i-pod case and it’s great. You have to understand that shipping costs are high cos of where they are based. But there are suppliers slowly sprining up around the globe. For example I got mine from Innovacases in France (I am in London).
The case is fantastic - very strong yet light with full access to the iPod.
I’ll say it’s the best case of it’s kind. That justifies the cost. Remember why you paid more for your iPod in the first place?

Posted by Chris Matchett on December 3, 2003 at 9:23 AM (PDT)

I paid about $120 for my Vaja case, including shipping and engraving. I have honestly never seen a nicer product for the iPod, ever. It is the best made case I have ever held and considering the price, I know, it should be. I do not regret for a minute paying the money on it… It’s sooo nice.

Also, about the high shipping costs, I thought the same thing until I tracked it with the fedex tracking number… It comes from Argentina where the top of the line leather is selected to be used.

I know you may not agree, but for the quality of this product, the price is a small price to pay.

Posted by echostats on December 3, 2003 at 9:54 AM (PDT)

I’m a bit confused.  This goes for the new website as well as the old.  I’d like the classic 667 case in brown like they show on the ipod page.  I select my belt clip option, and there is one color option BLACK. So I went to the custom page and there are only two tone options.  I WANT PLAIN BROWN LIKE THEY SHOW ON THE iPOD PAGE.

No e-mail contacts have been answered.

GRRRRRRR…....

Posted by Tom on December 3, 2003 at 3:47 PM (PDT)