Vaja releases iVod mini case | iLounge News

Vaja releases iVod mini case

picVaja has released the new iVod mini for the iPod mini. The mini case features padded, genuine Argentine leather, screen protector and access to the ‘HOLD’ switch, headphone/remote port, dock connector and click wheel. The standard iVod mini ($49.99) comes in black and will be available soon. The customized iVod starts at $69.90 and is available now for ordering. Custom iVod mini cases come in twenty-six colors, with or without belt clip, and can be personalized with your name or company logo.

« iPod and iTunes helps Apple rank 23rd out of top 100 electronic retailers

OtterBox announces oPod - water resistant case for iPod »

Comments

That’s about the best product i have ever seen in the lounge’s news section. It’s actually nice to look at.

Posted by Pigpen65 on May 14, 2004 at 1:36 AM (PDT)

You may pay more for Vaja products.  But after seeing their products up close, you truly get what you pay for.

Posted by jwc110869 in Rochester, NY on May 14, 2004 at 2:24 AM (PDT)

Nice, but I wish it didn’t have that ugly, obtrusive belt clip-receiver on the back of it. I wouldn’t buy it soley for that reason.

Posted by iPoo on May 14, 2004 at 4:26 AM (PDT)

iPoo.

you can get it with or without the belt clip

Posted by jwc110869 in Rochester, NY on May 14, 2004 at 4:44 AM (PDT)

bagreview.com has a couple of reviews of Vaja iPod cases.

Posted by Christopher Edwards on May 14, 2004 at 5:32 AM (PDT)

That looks like the most classy case I have seen yet for the mini!

Posted by Asian_N02 in Delaware on May 14, 2004 at 5:47 AM (PDT)

Vaja may neither be cheap nor fast, but their cases are neat. Just be very sure to think a lot about whether you want a belt clip or not, you might miss it one day.

Posted by Oliver :) on May 14, 2004 at 6:16 AM (PDT)

I own 2 vaja cases for my 3G 15gig ipod and I will tell you that Vaja IS the best case out and NOBODY can beat them!

Posted by Paul on May 14, 2004 at 11:00 AM (PDT)

they are beautiful. the most elegant cases i’ve seen yet.

all the colors look great. I love that they give pantone references, so that we can get a more accurate idea of what they will be.

Posted by Starboard on May 14, 2004 at 11:46 AM (PDT)

A non-leather option would be nice.

Posted by Nagromme on May 14, 2004 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

Caution!!!

I agree that Vaja’s cases are beautiful. Unfortunately Vaja’s customer service is the worst I have ever encountered on any transaction in my life.

The case I bought didn’t fit right and was clearly defective. I asked for an exchange (w/digital pix attached, even). They refused to replace the case and even sent me an email explaining why the lousy fit was MY fault! Long story short, after a dozen emails to Vaja, I had to challenge the payment with my credit card company to finally get a return authorization.

If you buy anything from them, you better like it because they won’t make good if there’s a problem!

John Eisenzopf
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by chasemytail on May 14, 2004 at 1:46 PM (PDT)

Mmm, just ordered a custom one in red, no beltclip, no personalization.  Total came to $85.90 plus shipping.  If it’s really the best, then it’ll be worth every penny, right?

Posted by bdeshong on May 15, 2004 at 9:41 AM (PDT)

I have a 3rd gen 40 gig vaja case. After trying at least 10 different cases..this is far and above the best case in looks, and function. Also.. I ordered on sunday..had it on wednesday. Of course it was not a custom case, but..2 days turnaround amazed me. Last case I will ever buy for my ipod, and when I eventually get a mini..I will get their case for that as well. Also ..I sent them an email stating my satisfaction with the product and they personally answered me the same day.. no automated response..truly a thank you from them for my email. Highly recommended from my one time experience.

Posted by Del Griffith on May 15, 2004 at 10:42 AM (PDT)

I just visited their website and I love these cases.  I will difinitely buy some.  I already picked out some different cases I want.  I’m gonna get mine customized.

Posted by iPodite on May 15, 2004 at 11:34 AM (PDT)

who are you guys that you can spend upwards of $50 on just a CASE for an mp3 player because it looks nice.
I could never justify that even if i had enough money.

Posted by an0therdumbsn on May 15, 2004 at 9:20 PM (PDT)

paid 500 for the mp3 player. What’s 50 dollars to protect it?

Posted by Pigpen65 on May 16, 2004 at 4:59 AM (PDT)

I have toagree with you Pigpen65. If I spend $500 on my ipod Im going to want it to survive. Consider the case somthing like insureance agenst scratches or smashings. I can walk around saftly knowing that my ipod is not going to get scratch with my case protecting it.

Posted by WOLFMAN on May 16, 2004 at 5:37 AM (PDT)

Regarding the iPod case:

For some reason you can’t order this color scheme, though they show a picture of it on the site
<http://www.vajacases.com/highres/ivod3g/images/3.html>.

Posted by eddie on May 17, 2004 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

I wanted to order a Classic Veja case for my 3G several times. I keep getting “Out of stock” messages. I checked back several times in the last nine months. They were always out of stock. So I bought a Marware CEO classic instead. Had it in three days. If these folks want to make it they need to get on the ball. That said, my friend has a Veja case for his Dell Axiom PDA. The quality and workmanship is top notch. Too bad they don’t want my money.

Posted by Tom on May 25, 2004 at 10:11 AM (PDT)