Vaja to release new iVod cases for 4G iPods | iLounge News

Vaja to release new iVod cases for 4G iPods

picTomorrow, Vaja will release their new iVod leather cases for 4G iPods. Similar to its existing line of i-Volution iVod cases for earlier model iPods, it will feature access to the Click Wheel, dock port, headphone port, and hold switch. The new case will only be available through its Custom Built Option. Price is not yet determined.  iLounge has obtained an exclusive photo of the new iVod for your reference.

pic

« John Mayer iPod cases now available online

Real Network’s online petition backfires »

Comments

sweet! but I think I’ll wait for a skin from iSkin or Lajo

Posted by The Dude. on August 18, 2004 at 11:19 AM (CDT)

finally a good case for the 4G.

does it have a screen protector? can’t tell from the pictures. kindda sucks it’ll be available only through custom built… oh well…

Posted by ayn on August 18, 2004 at 11:22 AM (CDT)

ayn- it should have a screen protector. theres no reason they would get rid of it.

now i’ll consider buying a 4th gen.

Posted by todd2fst4u on August 18, 2004 at 11:33 AM (CDT)

heh, i got my 4g the day they arrived at the store… so by now it’s all scratched up, not sure if i would spend $70 just to protect it from more scrathces… LOL… tempting though… does this case work alright at the gym? i use a sportwrap now and i don’t really like it.

Posted by ayn on August 18, 2004 at 11:38 AM (CDT)

Is there anything holding it in the case there? And how big is my iPod going to grow with that cushy leather?

Posted by penguin on August 18, 2004 at 11:42 AM (CDT)

beautiful…

i’ll prolly wait for the iSkin though

Posted by ajlucas on August 18, 2004 at 11:47 AM (CDT)

penguin:  Reviews of the past iVods have stated that the case was just tight enough that the iPod doesn’t slip out on its own.

ayn:  That was my problem with the 3G!  This time I’ve ordered an iZip for $7 so that I have a case *before* my iPod arrives.

Posted by yid on August 18, 2004 at 12:19 PM (CDT)

I have been waiting for this news since i got my 4G.

Posted by Carmen in NYC on August 18, 2004 at 12:51 PM (CDT)

these cases are fabulous - I got one when I had a G3 ipod, and it works just fine with the G4…

Posted by jay on August 18, 2004 at 12:52 PM (CDT)

man I really want one of those, but I live in the UK- anybody know if they ship worldwide?

Posted by Deltatri3 on August 18, 2004 at 12:54 PM (CDT)

$70! I had the basic white one for $50 and it was the best case I ever had but $50 is about my limit.  Darn.

Posted by eman on August 18, 2004 at 1:19 PM (CDT)

Looks really great. Think i’m going to order one. Now i wonder if they’ll be able to get it to me before the 1st of september.

Posted by Alex on August 18, 2004 at 1:44 PM (CDT)

I personally like the inCase leather sleeves. They are very attractive and cost much less. I think $70 for an iPod case is a little much, and I personally don’t care too much for the “puffy” look they have. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by Sam on August 18, 2004 at 1:54 PM (CDT)

Carmen I have also been waiting for this case since I got my 4G. It ends up being almost $100 after you get the belt clip and they add the shipping. I still think it’s worth it. I’ve read all the reviews for every old 3G case and this seems like the best for me.

Posted by Seph817 on August 18, 2004 at 2:25 PM (CDT)

This case is by far the best.  I had one for my 2G and it was so amazing The envy of all my iPod friends.  They all got rid of their old cases and got one of these.  I want an all black one, I hop e I don’t have to get the custom version for $70… I want to spend $50.  Grr, well I’ll wait and see.

Not much of a ‘puffy’ look in person, it is so protected and it looks great.  nefer slips out, yet easy to get in.  I do NOT want a screen protector as I use vinyl adhesive (think thiose oil change stickers on your winshield).  Wonder if I can get it without it.

Posted by Mxlplk on August 18, 2004 at 4:07 PM (CDT)

This case makes me want to buy a 4G. IMO its better than their 3G case ‘cause it just seems more clean and more simple.

Looking at the 3g case, i just dont like the idea where they have to work around the 4 touch buttons, it looks kinda messy =/

then again, that’s just me. *sigh, Ill wait to buy a new ipod next year…

Posted by griever2004 on August 18, 2004 at 4:20 PM (CDT)

with the clip and shipping it will be $90.90 total. just fyi ppl…

Posted by ayn on August 18, 2004 at 5:00 PM (CDT)

Hey, they took down the price!  Hmm, I hope they reduce the price as $100 is too much, even for this great case.

C’mon Vaja, bring the regular black down to it’s usual $50 bucks.  That is a fair deal.

Posted by Mxlplk on August 18, 2004 at 6:18 PM (CDT)

Sam: I bought a $20 inCase nylon sleeve for my 4G and in five days it scratched up my brand new $300 iPod more than I would have in five months using it without a case.  I wouldn’t reccomend buying ANYTHING from this company.  I just hope I’ll be able to return it to the Apple Store and use the money back to pay for half of an iCleaner kit to get rid of the scratches.

I’m still deciding which case I want. Marware also just released their 4G cases and it looks like iSkin will soon too.  Guess I’ll wait for iPodlounge to review them all.

Posted by EricH on August 18, 2004 at 6:23 PM (CDT)

I got a Vaja case for my lady’s iPod (3rd Gen) and she absolutely loves it.  When people look at her case they get all excited and want to buy one.  It’s a little up there in price, but the quality of these cases are awesome.  I actually bought a case for my Treo 600 and that’s also great.  Somehow Vaja designs these cases so that they stay put in their sleeve.  You really have to work it to get it out.

Posted by FC on August 18, 2004 at 6:26 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >