Vaja to release new iVod cases for 4G iPods | iLounge News

Vaja to release new iVod cases for 4G iPods

picTomorrow, Vaja will release their new iVod leather cases for 4G iPods. Similar to its existing line of i-Volution iVod cases for earlier model iPods, it will feature access to the Click Wheel, dock port, headphone port, and hold switch. The new case will only be available through its Custom Built Option. Price is not yet determined.  iLounge has obtained an exclusive photo of the new iVod for your reference.

pic

« John Mayer iPod cases now available online

Real Network’s online petition backfires »

Comments

No doubt.  There is no contest when it comes to quality of the case, Vaja wins hands down.  The one caveat is the price.  But, if they keep it at $50 (which they should!) it is the best dea/case hands down.

For those of you who have never seen one in person but are on the bubble, do it if it is priced reasonably.  Man these are quality cases!

Posted by Mxlplk on August 18, 2004 at 3:39 PM (PDT)

I sure hope they make a flip case version for the 5g Ipod (I’m not buying a 4g.)  I love my 3g vaja flip case and have never like the open cases.  I do agree that the “puffy” look isnt all that great either.

Posted by Shadow Skill on August 18, 2004 at 4:45 PM (PDT)

I agree with you guys, at $50 it’s reasonable and I’ll get it without questions, but at $90, I’ll have to think about it for sure. Looks like Vaja might be reading these comments… so… please…. make it $50 shipped! LOL… thx!

Posted by ayn on August 18, 2004 at 7:11 PM (PDT)

penguin- its actuallly a hard plastic case covered by leather. at least that was how it was for the gen 3. and my gen 3 has no movement in the case at all.

Posted by todd2fst4u on August 18, 2004 at 7:12 PM (PDT)

If Vaja is reading, know this.  I am a loyal customer, but I won’t pay $90 shipped.  I will pay $50 plus shipping, because you make a great product.

Anyway, the case is so snug without being stuck in there.  Really amazing actually.  As for the puffy, see it in person, then decide.  It won me over in person.

Posted by Mxlplk on August 18, 2004 at 7:23 PM (PDT)

Ahhh finally!! i’ve been wainting to geet this case since i got my 4G ipod:D

Whee!

Nevertheless, i too, hope they lower their prices:(

Posted by gizmoe on August 19, 2004 at 3:24 AM (PDT)

I am praying that they at least have some good color combo!

As for the Price, I just want to protect my machine.  On that subject has anyone here gotten one of these cases and then dropped it? how does it hold out?

Posted by Carmen in NYC on August 19, 2004 at 3:52 AM (PDT)

Well it looks fabulous, & fabulous colours as well, but no good to the UK :(.

Vaja ship internationally, there is however the postage costs, the Import Tax, Customs & Excise Tax & not forgetting the Royal Mail (handing to the Customs & Exise people) tax.

After cost & international postage add about 32% if anyone in the UK fancies one.

Its really not fair!!!

Posted by British Bulldog on August 19, 2004 at 4:16 AM (PDT)

I had a vaja case for my 3g, and it does protect the iPod very well. I dropped it on several occassions and never a ding, scratch or dent. It’s really a well made case…expensive, but well made.

Posted by eric r on August 19, 2004 at 8:00 AM (PDT)

I thought the cases were supposed to be released today? I don’t see anything about them anywhere on their site except that they are coming soon.

Posted by thrEt on August 19, 2004 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

Yah i am waiting for it to be relesed i have my credit card in hand but the site does not show it?

Posted by MOTO on August 19, 2004 at 10:22 AM (PDT)

Lordy, that’s pretty.

I’m not willing to shell out that much sight unseen, though. Anyone know where these are sold other than online?

Posted by buffett on August 19, 2004 at 10:50 AM (PDT)

I want to buy this from the UK but no way am I paying the amounts that have been mentioned on here for it, $90 plus postage is a joke, they would lose many potential customers for it if they did overprice it. I’m hoping they don’t and that i’ll be able to afford to order it tomorrow.

Still not sure wether to get it with the belt clip or not,

also am i the only one who thinks the cases look better with one color rather than 2?

Posted by pantalaimon on August 19, 2004 at 12:15 PM (PDT)

Yet another vaporware product for the 4g ipod. :(

Posted by iWant on August 19, 2004 at 12:48 PM (PDT)

Of all the iPod cases I’ve purchased, the Contour Showcase is the best. Vaja’s cases are a little too bulky for my taste, and still leave “scratch-able” part of the iPod visible. I’ll continue to use my Showcase with my 4G iPod until something better comes along.

Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from the Xtremity case!! It totally scratched up one of my 3G iPods.

Posted by Diomedes on August 19, 2004 at 1:43 PM (PDT)

I was waiting to buy a 4th gen ipod until vaja released cases for it. I ordered my 4th gen 20gb ipod today in anticipation that vaja would release their cases today. It is 10pm pacific time and their website shows nothing

Posted by rhart00 on August 19, 2004 at 8:00 PM (PDT)

well… where are they?? its tomorrow already!

Posted by pantalaimon on August 20, 2004 at 7:35 AM (PDT)

iWant:

I agree, my 4G had no scratches whatsoever until I used the XtremeMac SportWrap!! I’m waiting for the 4G Contour Showcase for gym use myself also.

Posted by ayn on August 20, 2004 at 9:32 AM (PDT)

It has arrived. Vaja currently only has cases on their website for the 20gb version. Looks good and starts at $50 w/o clip or embossing.

Posted by rhart00 on August 20, 2004 at 11:02 AM (PDT)

both versions are up now, but the price starts at $70 as far as i can see. They also seem to have a new clip system in addition to the ultra clip i’ve not seen on their site before - the rivet clip. Looks damn expensive at $20 for a belt clip

Posted by Alex on August 20, 2004 at 12:14 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3 >