Vaja to release new iVod cases for 4G iPods | iLounge News

Vaja to release new iVod cases for 4G iPods

picTomorrow, Vaja will release their new iVod leather cases for 4G iPods. Similar to its existing line of i-Volution iVod cases for earlier model iPods, it will feature access to the Click Wheel, dock port, headphone port, and hold switch. The new case will only be available through its Custom Built Option. Price is not yet determined.  iLounge has obtained an exclusive photo of the new iVod for your reference.

pic

« John Mayer iPod cases now available online

Real Network’s online petition backfires »

Comments

All three (custom) versions are up and they all start at $70, with 2-day shipping in the US set at $17. Add $4 clip or a $20 clip. Totals:

No Clip:  $87
With Plastic/Brass Clip System:  $91
With Rivet Clip System:  $107

Oh, no returns allowed because they are all custom orders.  But they sure to look spiffy!

Posted by Stan on August 20, 2004 at 5:58 PM (CDT)

Well they were at $50 this morning when I checked. They must have been a mistake since they changed the price to $70. Now when I visit the vaja site, they say they are coming soon again.

Posted by rhart00 on August 20, 2004 at 10:23 PM (CDT)

Ahh…finally, it’s up on their site! And it seems to come with an optional rivet clip system. Idea’s there, however, it does look extremely uncomfortable if you’re gonna use it without any of the clips:(

Posted by gizmoe on August 21, 2004 at 2:27 AM (CDT)

I just went to the English site and it still had the e-mail notification form. The Spanish site has the 20 and the 40 GB cases available though. And has anyone got one of those e-mails yet? I still wonder what the benefits are of the rivet clip over the ultra clip.

Posted by Seph817 on August 21, 2004 at 8:05 AM (CDT)

Agree with the last comment about the Rivet clip…perhaps Vaja (or some intrepid soul) will create a little desk stand that would utilize the clip’s pin, something similar to Apple’s new flat-panel stand except reversed.  Gee, Vaja could charge $50 for that alone.

Or you can buy an adhesive plate like the one that’s used for the car mount from the Rivet web site and create your own stand.

Posted by Stan on August 21, 2004 at 8:21 AM (CDT)

Its £73 (inc p&p & taxes) for UK customers (that equates to $133 US dollars).

I would say that a case which is 30% of the inital 20Gb iPod cost is somewhat overpriced.

Nice case nevertheless…

Posted by British Bulldog on August 21, 2004 at 11:40 AM (CDT)

‘Custom’ my ass. They have every color side pre-made and they just slap the two you order together….done. I love the Vaja case..it is the best but $70?  I can see them raising the price $5-10 but not $20. And this custom crap is just that..crap. Now,if you could order any color in the world and they would colorize your case..fine..but these are all pre-made. No reason they couldn’t make a couple hundred all white or all black and sell them for $50 like they did for the 3G.

Posted by myazz on August 21, 2004 at 2:32 PM (CDT)

it’s a nice case. but at us$70!!! it’s madness.

now they dun have to cut the 4 holes & make 20 bucks more??!! crazy.

Posted by verysoon on August 22, 2004 at 11:29 AM (CDT)

Preordered mine, but I wished they had the AP51 or AP52 (liked the one with the cover on it so that the wheel is not exposed all the time).  Cannot wait for the thing to come out. $70 is a lot, but I figured I’ve already spent so much on the iPod and would want something to compliment it’s uniqueness. =)

Posted by cotton on August 22, 2004 at 3:19 PM (CDT)

Just ordered mine,  17 s & H wasent too bad.

But i must agree with Myazz, It would have been nicer, there was a bigger selection of Single colors.

Posted by Carmen in NYC on August 23, 2004 at 6:10 AM (CDT)

Where the heck is this on the Vaja website?  All I can fgind is a spot to give your email to be notified when it is released.

I found no “custom built” option.

Posted by Kador on August 23, 2004 at 10:02 AM (CDT)

I am having a small issue with Vaja and would like to call, instead of email, customer service. I can’t find the number on the site. Does anyone know the customer service phone number?

Posted by Person on August 23, 2004 at 11:46 AM (CDT)

Are you guys who have ordered your case opting for the clips?

Posted by thinking about it on August 23, 2004 at 4:16 PM (CDT)

I have been waiting for this case since the new ipod came out. Now im not a person with money problems, but for anybody to give $100, not even $70 for a case its crazy.
I really wanted this case, but instead i pre-ordered the iskin. And im sure ill be just as happy. Another thing that gets me mad is that people still buy it knowing that is overpriced. maybe if nobody bought it vaja would realize it and bring down the prize.

Posted by Upt0wN on August 23, 2004 at 8:48 PM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3