Vaja unveils iVod Crystal case for iPod nano | iLounge News

Vaja unveils iVod Crystal case for iPod nano

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, December 6, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageVaja has introduced its latest luxury case for the iPod nano—the iVod nano Crystal. The Swarovski crystal-encrusted case comes in seven different combinations and features a leather strap with silver appliques, padded interior, screen protector, and access to all controls and ports. Vaja’s iVod nano Crystal is made from the same high quality Argentine leather as the regular iVod case and can be personalized and upgraded. Prices starts at $240. Be sure to enter our Vaja Slogan Contest for a chance to win one of 45 $100 Vaja gift cards or the grand prize of one $500 gift card.

« Mix: Christmas Carol, Bar codes, London restaurants, Classrooms

iAttire offers holiday iPod costumes »

Comments

This is a joke, right?  I mean Jesus H. Christ on a hopped-up pogo stick, what kind of sh!tsteak would spend more on the case than the unit?  Yeah, ok, Paris Hilton’s skanky a$$, but besides her?

Give me a freakin’ break.

Posted by pod-e-mouth on December 6, 2005 at 9:55 AM (PDT)

I would love to join in the contest… IF I could get my comment posted at all. Been trying for 3 days and still no go…

Posted by despair on December 6, 2005 at 10:16 AM (PDT)

Vaja has done a comprehensive and beautiful job of advertising (wonderful ads, fabulous website) and their products are laden with style. Yes, all this coming from a male. I am looking into one for my wife as a Christmas gift since Tods does not make an iPod case. I am backing Vaja since they have put the time and funds into a high-end operation; aimed at the high-end (no pretense about doing so) and I believe they have become a player for the long haul. Not for everyone, but not meant to be. Conspicuous consumption? No doubt about it.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on December 6, 2005 at 10:26 AM (PDT)

The sad part is that for every single one of these monstrosities that actually find a bling addict wanting it, other customers of Vaja fine products will have to wait even longer for their cases. This whole bling thing is pretty sick.

Posted by Bad Beaver on December 6, 2005 at 11:31 AM (PDT)

Uh, no thanks. I’d rather buy another Nano if and when my Nano becomes too scratched up for my liking.

Posted by Lily on December 6, 2005 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

If you think this case is expensive, just wait til the ones for the 5G come
out! :eek:

Posted by Black Beauty on December 6, 2005 at 5:16 PM (PDT)

My (male) friend thinks the Vaja Crystal cases for cell phones look good…he’s such a fool. I’m sure he’ll pick one up…

Posted by PimpyMicPimp on December 6, 2005 at 5:37 PM (PDT)

why don’t they just call the prizes what they really are…?  $100 off a vaja case to entice someone into buying one (with plenty of profit left for vaja).

Posted by Craig on December 6, 2005 at 7:11 PM (PDT)

My goodness.  That price is so incredible. :(

Posted by Jing in USA/Singapore on December 7, 2005 at 8:40 AM (PDT)

Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are giving this to each other for Christmas!  wink

Posted by zyzyzyzyzyzyx on December 7, 2005 at 9:45 AM (PDT)