Vaja unveils new 5G iPod cases | iLounge News

Vaja unveils new 5G iPod cases

Vaja has introduced two new cases—the iVod Video Crystal and the iVod Video SP—for Apple’s fifth-generation iPod.

imageThe iVod Video Crystal is a Swarovski crystal-encrusted case that’s available in 10 different color combinations. The luxury case features a leather strap with silver appliques, padded interior, screen protector, and access to all controls and ports. iVod Video Crystal sells for $340.

image

Vaja’s iVod Video SP is a sportier version of the company’s popular leather iVod case. The $90 case features a two-tone body with a stripe down the center. It also has a padded interior, screen and click wheel protectors, and access to all ports and controls. Vaja said it can be ordered in more than 1000 combinations.

« Report: iTunes is most-used media player

iLounge EIC Horwitz on WNYC radio today, 2:45PM ET »

Comments

I love vaja cases. I own one. But I just cannot see paying more than the price of an iPod itself for a case.

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on March 15, 2006 at 5:34 PM (CST)

it’s good case really. but if you change ipod frequently when Apple release new ipod, I don’t recommend. grab the cheap one.

Posted by eddi on March 15, 2006 at 6:58 PM (CST)

who actually buys these things? they’re so fugly and bulky. not to mention expensive.

Posted by ehh on March 15, 2006 at 8:42 PM (CST)

If you look at the description on their website, there’s no mention anywhere of the ivod sp having a screen protector. I confirmed this in an email. 90 bucks and no screen protector. It makes the above press release a bit misleading.

Posted by cyberg00se on March 15, 2006 at 8:49 PM (CST)

three hunded n fity dollas… good lawd thats alotta money!!!

Posted by what?! on March 15, 2006 at 10:36 PM (CST)

Vaja cases looks pretty good but bulky IMO. Pretty expensive too! I was in the market to buy a new case a couple days ago and finally settled on the Orbino for my 60 ipod vid as well as MacSkinz Artist edition faceplate. Those 2 combined is the cost of one Vaja case. I think I’ll pass on this one. Maybe perhaps when the true iPod Video hits the street I might consider Vaja as a choice.

Posted by s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d on March 16, 2006 at 12:38 AM (CST)

Without the stripe, the iVod SP looks A LOT like the Case-Mate Leather (formerly Case-Ari) I bought for my 60GB 5G when they were selling them on eBay. It too doesn’t have a hard screen protector (have to deal w/ an anti-scratch film (sigh) as a stopgap measure). And if there a real knock on the Case-Mate it has to be the wimpy sheen of many of their colors; way too pastel and 1950s for my taste. But it’s a pretty effective and well-made case otherwise, and the fact that it’s only 1/3 the cost of the Vaja ain’t bad, either.

Posted by flatline response on March 16, 2006 at 5:12 AM (CST)

Vaja cases are excellent. The blinged out one is plain tacky though.

Posted by Bad Beaver on March 16, 2006 at 5:37 AM (CST)

As far as Vaja cases being too expensive: like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. These are hand-made, custom color leather cases, so of course they’re going to cost a bit more than some stock $20 case you can pick up at Wal-Mart. It comes down to personal preference. I am however tired of people clamoring over “Swarovski crystal-encrusted…” whatever. They’re frigging rhinestones. Stop trying to make them sound like something more than they are.

Posted by Cad on March 16, 2006 at 7:34 AM (CST)

i want one. bling bling

Posted by teknikal on March 16, 2006 at 7:52 AM (CST)

the isee by contour looks a lot better than the agent 18 and a lot better than these cases.

Posted by dave on March 16, 2006 at 10:06 AM (CST)

Cad-

The Orbino is hand made and cost less than 1/2 of what Vaja is offering and on top of that it’s less bulky.

Posted by s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d on March 17, 2006 at 12:15 AM (CST)

s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d -

(I’ll restate my comment since the previous one was deleted) The Orbino cases look like it was made from an old moccasin.

Posted by Chris Renton on March 17, 2006 at 6:48 PM (CST)