VC firms launch iPad app development funds
Following last week’s iPad announcement, venture capital firms have launched initiatives to fund projects destined for Apple’s latest device. AppFund, a new joint initiative by CNET and E! Online co-founder Kevin Wendle and MusicNation and Original Signal co-founder Daniel Klaus, has announced that it is creating a multi-million dollar fund to provide seed capital and expertise for launching iPad and mobile tablet applications. AppFund will evaluate developers around the world, with investments expected to range from $5,000 to $500,000 depending upon the complexity of a given application and its potential. Written proposals are welcomed at [email protected]
On a more regional scale, British Firm Northern Film & Media has also announced a £40,000 application development fund targeted at potential iPad application developers in northeastern England. The company’s goal is to encourage local developers to be among the first to enter the iPad marketplace. Northern Film & Media is accepting applications until February 24th and specifically looking for submissions that (a) have the potential to generate revenue, (b) take specific advantage of the new features and potential of the iPad, (c) provide a design distinct to the iPad relative to an iPhone or a desktop computer, (d) are original ideas, and (e) are ready to launch this summer. Developers must also have the majority of their talent and spending based in the local region.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?