Verizon iPhone 4 case compatibility: a brief round-up
As noted in our review of the Verizon iPhone 4, the new model’s ring/silent switch has been moved a few millimeters down the side of the device due to antenna changes, and the volume buttons have also moved down a millimeter, resulting in incompatibility with some prior, closely-tailored iPhone 4 cases. As such, a number of companies have released new compatibility information for existing cases, or otherwise made slight revisions to existing designs to accomodate both models. Listed below, in alphabetical order, are all the announcements we’ve seen and/or received thus far on the topic; we will be updating this article with new information as it becomes available.
AG Findings: AG Findings has announced that Vandelay two-piece and Beetle cases are compatible with both the GSM and CDMA/Verizon versions of the iPhone. Both cases are available now and sell for $35 and $17.50, respectively.
Amzer: Amzer has announced that a variety of its cases have been updated for compatibility with the Verizon iPhone 4. These include the company’s NuTouch Rubberized Snap On cases ($13), the Hybrid case ($17), the Circle TPU Skin case ($10), the TPU T-Matrix case ($10), the Simple Click On case ($13), the Diamond TPU Skin case ($10), the Injecto Snap On Hard Case ($15), the Silicone Skin Jelly case ($10), and a variety of pouches and sleeves.
Ballistic: Ballistic has announced that its LS Series, SG Series, and HC Series cases have all been or will be updated for compatibility with the Verizon iPhone 4. The updated HC Series case is available now and sells for $50; the updated LS and SG Series cases have yet to receive a shipping date.
Belkin: Belkin has posted a webpage dedicated to its Verizon iPhone 4-compatible products, which include the Grip Vue case ($25), the Grip Groove case ($20), the ProFit ($40) and FastFit ($30) armbands, the Verve Cinema ($30), the Verve Sleeve with Clip ($30), and the Verve Sleeve ($30).
Griffin Technology: Griffin has announced that its new Survivor case for the iPhone 4 is compatible with both the GSM and CDMA/Verizon models. The case is available now from Verizon Wireless and sells for $50.
Hard Candy: Hard Candy Cases has introduced redesigned versions of its Bubble Slider ($35), Chrome ($35), and Street Skin ($30) cases that are compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4. All three are available now.
iChair: iChair has announced that its case for the iPhone 4, which features a built-in stand, is compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4. It is available now and sells for $34.
ID8-Mobile: ID8-Mobile has announced an updated version of its MoGo Talk XD2 iPhone 4 case with an integrated Bluetooth headset that is compatible with the Verizon/CDMA iPhone 4. The MoGo Talk XD2, which includes the MoGo Easy-Grip Case, six different ear buds, the MoGo Talk headset, and a charging cable is available now and sells for $100.
iFrogz: iFrogz has announced that its Luxe Original, Luxe Lean, Swerve, Treadz, Wrapz, and Soft Gloss cases are compatible with both the GSM and Verizon/CDMA versions of the iPhone. iFrogz’ cases for the iPhone 4 range in price from $20-$30 and are available now in a variety of colors.
Incase: Incase has revealed that all varieties of its Slider Case ($35-$50) are compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4, as are its Snap Battery Case ($60), iPhone Pouch ($30), and Sports Armband Pro ($40). In addition, the company has launched a redesigned Snap Case ($35) to offer compatibility with the new model; all of Incase’s Verizon iPhone 4-compatible cases are available now.
LuxMobile: LuxMobile has shared the results of its fit tests, which found that all of its cases will fit the Verizon/CDMA iPhone 4.
Mivizu: Mivizu has announced that its Alien case ($24), Slim Series Version 2 ($24), Slim Series Version 3 ($24), and Sleek Leather Cases ($29) are compatible with the CDMA/Verizon iPhone 4; all four varieties are available now.
Mophie: Mophie is now accepting pre-orders for a redesigned version of its Juice pack air for iPhone 4 that is compatible with both the GSM and CDMA/Verizon models of the iPhone 4. The new dual-compatible Juice pack air is available for pre-order now and is expected to ship on February 28 for $80.
PDP: PDP has announced that its lineup of limited edition, Disney-branded cases are compatible with the CDMA/Verizon iPhone 4. The cases are available for a variety of themes and characters, including Tron, The Muppets, Mickey Mouse, and more, and sell for $30-$40.
Proof Cases: Proof Cases has announced that updated versions of its Cliq polycarbonate case ($15) compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4 will be released “very soon.”
Scosche: Scosche has introduced updated versions of several of its cases that are compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4, including the kickBack g4 ($35), the switchKase g4 ($40), switchBack g4 ($35), beefKase g4 ($30), and the switchBack surge battery case. The switchBack surge will be available this spring; all other styles are available now.
Speck: Speck has announced Verizon iPhone 4 compatibility for a number of its cases, including the Fitted ($30), GeoMetric ($30), PixelSkin HD ($30), PixelSkin ($25), ToughSkin ($40), CandyShell Card ($40), CandyShell View ($40), and ToughShell ($50). All models except for the ToughSkin, CandyShell Card and View, and ToughShell are available now; the latter four are listed as “coming soon.”
Tunewear: Tunewear has announced its ultra-thin Carbon look case for the iPhone 4, made from polycarbonate with a carbon pattern synthetic leather exterior, is compatible with the Verizon/CDMA iPhone 4. It is available in black or white and sells for ($30).
Uncommon: Uncommon has announced that both its Capsule ($40) and Deflector ($35) cases are compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4. In addition, customers can receive an extra 20 percent discount through February 28 by entering the code VERIZONATT at checkout.
XO Skins: XO Skins has announced an updated version of its Full Body Protector film set for the iPhone 4 that is compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4. It is available now and sells for $20.
ZeroChroma: ZeroChroma has announced that its Teatro case for the iPhone 4, which features a rotating stand, an anti-slip rubber edge, side dimples for added grip, and an anti-glare camera guard, is compatible with both the GSM and CDMA/Verizon models of iPhone 4, and is available now for $45.
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Logitech acquires Jaybird
- iPhone SE users report problems with call quality over Bluetooth
- iPhone 5/5s cases to fit iPhone SE; companies debut cases for iPhone SE + new iPad Pro
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)