Verizon iPhone 4 launch sees smaller crowds
The Verizon iPhone 4 officially went on sale this morning at Apple, Verizon Wireless, Best Buy, and select Walmart retail stores across the U.S. Based on early reports, it seems that Apple’s and Verizon’s strategy of tiered pre-orders—existing customers on February 3, all others on February 9—seems to have kept launch day lines at retail outlets manageable. The International Business Times reports that only eight people were in line outside a Bryant Park, New York store an hour prior to opening, while the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tells of roughly two dozen customers who lined up in the cold outside a Verizon store in northwest Atlanta to be part of the launch. The Orlando Sentinel reports that roughly 30 people were lined up outside a Verizon store in Orlando prior to opening, despite that fact that a nearby store in Winter Garden store had one woman arrive for the iPhone at 4:00 p.m. yesterday. Additional reasons behind the modest lines may be the fact that Apple is expected to launch its fifth-generation iPhone in just a few months, the fact that the launch is taking place early in the morning on a weekday, when many potential customers likely have to work, and the fact that it is February, which means many areas of the United States are still prohibitively cold. For more information on the Verizon iPhone 4, see our full review.
[Photo courtesy of Jason Hiner]
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?