Verizon iPhone poll ends, protection poll begins
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Are you going to buy a Verizon iPhone 4?” has ended. Individual yes and no responses were provided for AT&T, Verizon, and other carriers’ customers, as well as an option for readers who don’t live in the U.S.
Over a quarter of respondents—26 percent—said they plan on buying a Verizon iPhone 4. Of those, 66 percent were current Verizon customers, 25 percent were current AT&T customers, and eight percent were customers of another U.S. carrier. Perhaps unsurprisingly, of the 58 percent of overall respondents saying they weren’t going to buy a Verizon iPhone, the vast majority said they were current AT&T customers—79 percent, to be exact. Only 11 percent of those not planning to buy a Verizon iPhone were current Verizon customers, while another 10 percent were customers of another carrier. Finally, 15 percent of overall respondents said they don’t live in the U.S. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iPod and iPhone protection. We’d like to know if you use a case or film on your iPod or iPhone, and why or why not? Do you use it for protection, to change the device’s looks, or for a combination of those reasons? Or do you keep your device bare to preserve its looks, because you don’t think it needs protection, or for both those reasons? Our new poll, “Do you use a case or body film with your iPod or iPhone?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Apple releases first iOS 10.1, watchOS 3.1, tvOS 10.0.1 developer betas
- Report: Apple considering acquisition of high-performance car maker McLaren (Update: and Lit Motors)
- Google brings Allo messaging app to iOS
- Apple working on fix for Lightning EarPods glitch
- DisplayMate says iPhone 7 has the ‘best performing mobile LCD display’
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Nuvyyo Tablo Over-the-Air Television DVR
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps