Vestalife shows Ladybug iPod speaker system
Vestalife has introduced its Ladybug iPod speaker system, aimed at younger consumers. The ladybug features a spherical design, and speaker “wings” that fold out and down to reveal the integrated iPod dock and to provide stereo imaging. A center channel subwoofer faces rearward; other features include LED volume level indicators, a metallic soft-touch finish, an auxiliary input, a full-function remote control, a carrying bag, a USB for for syncing, AV out for video output, and the ability to run off AC or battery (4 AA) power. It will be available in the first quarter, and will come in either silver or red for $110; limited edition Ladybug systems with Element Skateboard designs will sell for $125. “We at Vestalife are thrilled by the attention the Ladybug has received so far,” said Vestalife Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer Myk Lum. “Younger consumers want a product that breaks free from traditional limitations of the speaker dock genre, and that actually has a personality they can identify with. At the same time, they are as demanding as audiophiles. The Ladybug fills this important gap in the marketplace, and we look forward to exposing this product and our entire company at MacWorld to a younger yet essential consumer audience.”
In addition to its Ladybug system, the company is also expected to show its Butterfly iPod speaker system next week at Macworld Expo. The Butterfly offers a unique butterfly-shaped case design with four interchangeable, differently-colored front panels for customization. Other features include an integrated Universal iPod Dock, a mini-USB port for syncing, S-video and AV output, auxiliary input, automatic shut-off, and the ability to run off AC or battery (4 AA) power. Pricing and release information for the Butterfly has not yet been announced.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?