Vestalife shows Ladybug iPod speaker system
Vestalife has introduced its Ladybug iPod speaker system, aimed at younger consumers. The ladybug features a spherical design, and speaker “wings” that fold out and down to reveal the integrated iPod dock and to provide stereo imaging. A center channel subwoofer faces rearward; other features include LED volume level indicators, a metallic soft-touch finish, an auxiliary input, a full-function remote control, a carrying bag, a USB for for syncing, AV out for video output, and the ability to run off AC or battery (4 AA) power. It will be available in the first quarter, and will come in either silver or red for $110; limited edition Ladybug systems with Element Skateboard designs will sell for $125. “We at Vestalife are thrilled by the attention the Ladybug has received so far,” said Vestalife Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer Myk Lum. “Younger consumers want a product that breaks free from traditional limitations of the speaker dock genre, and that actually has a personality they can identify with. At the same time, they are as demanding as audiophiles. The Ladybug fills this important gap in the marketplace, and we look forward to exposing this product and our entire company at MacWorld to a younger yet essential consumer audience.”
In addition to its Ladybug system, the company is also expected to show its Butterfly iPod speaker system next week at Macworld Expo. The Butterfly offers a unique butterfly-shaped case design with four interchangeable, differently-colored front panels for customization. Other features include an integrated Universal iPod Dock, a mini-USB port for syncing, S-video and AV output, auxiliary input, automatic shut-off, and the ability to run off AC or battery (4 AA) power. Pricing and release information for the Butterfly has not yet been announced.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today