Video game to connect gamers to iTunes Music Store | iLounge News

Video game to connect gamers to iTunes Music Store

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, July 27, 2006
News Categories: iTunes

Video game developer Left Behind Games has announced that it will integrate links to the iTunes Music Store in an upcoming game, allowing gamers to purchase music they hear during gameplay. The game, “Left Behind: Eternal Forces,” is a real-time strategy game based on the best-selling Left Behind book series. The developer said that clicking a music link will pause the game and launch the iTunes Music Store. After the song is downloaded, gamers can resume action or customize their playlist and listen to the newly downloaded music while playing. The game is scheduled for an October release.

« E! television programs now on iTunes Music Store

GarageBand.com preparing iLike music service »

Comments

Isn’t that the series about the rapture? It’s good to know that true Christians are bringing the fun of hell on Earth into homes across the country.

Posted by Michael P. on July 27, 2006 at 9:01 AM (PDT)

Michael… I don’t even know how to respond to your post… first I wanted to laugh caue I thought you were truly making a joke then I thought… wait is he serious…

Anyway I’m not a serious gamer but I know a couple and I’m sure they are not going to want to stop playing and their game to download a song or two.

Now if Apple would get off their @$$ and provide us with some true digital living room type items I can see how this can be intergrated into game consoles.

Posted by 3rdEye on July 27, 2006 at 1:50 PM (PDT)

Next up - you want to buy WoW mixtape?  All the level 40 mages are listening to it.  A/s/l?

I’m not sure how this would be a useful or interesting source of music, though - it’s just a glimpse of somebody’s collection rather than discussion and recommendation.

Posted by _Ethan on July 28, 2006 at 5:18 AM (PDT)

Yay! Now I can shoot things and listen to my iPod and proselytize all at the same time!!! Bless you, Tim LaHaye!

Posted by Hrothgar on July 28, 2006 at 8:56 AM (PDT)

It was a joke.

Posted by Michael P. on July 29, 2006 at 9:56 AM (PDT)

so the games about the rapture..
i can just see someone downloading “the end of the world as we know it” while playing this game haha

Posted by Christine on July 29, 2006 at 8:16 PM (PDT)