Video iPods? | iLounge News

Video iPods?

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, December 16, 2003
News Categories: iPod

“PortalPlayer, the company behind the hardware, software and processor technology that powers Apple’s iPod, will soon launch a upgraded version of its chip/firmware combo that paves the way for a Photo iPod.

PortalPlayer Photo Edition will support synchronising digital photos between portable devices and host PCs, along with on-device playback, according to CEO Gary Johnson,interviewed by EE Times.”

« TidBITS: iPod Offerings, Part 2

Europe to fight music piracy with lawsuits »

Comments

“We are also considering closing the system to members only as of January 1, 2004.”

That sounds GREAT!

I’m sick of seeing PR BS for iPod knock-offs and Rhapsody.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on December 16, 2003 at 5:42 PM (PDT)

Good god. Guys, quit hating. You obviously have iPod envy, if you’re hanging around iPodlounge. And its fine if your audio player or whatever suits you, but the iPod is what people here like. Just because we have an iPod doesn’t mean we’re rich and stupid, it just means we like simplicity and overall, we like the product. I’m no Apple fanboy. Wouldn’t go near an apple computer.

But I sure as hell wouldn’t touch a Karma or a Zen. Especially an Archos. IHP, maybe… but I digress. Quit hating. Seriously.

Posted by Dasein on December 16, 2003 at 6:09 PM (PDT)

Dasein has quite a good point there. What do you trolls accomplish by advertising a product you regard as better on a site that is devoted to one that you consider inferior?

BTW, RCA Lyra totally owns Archos raspberry

Posted by Sraphim on December 16, 2003 at 6:55 PM (PDT)

amen.

Posted by Sam on December 16, 2003 at 7:13 PM (PDT)

> I’m sick of seeing PR BS for iPod knock-offs and Rhapsody

I like hearing about other stuff because then I would never have heard of the iPod. Well, except for the adverts I guess. Not everything is a ipod knock off.

What do you have against Rhapsody? I use it and it’s fine for what it is.

Posted by Bunny on December 16, 2003 at 7:35 PM (PDT)

Nothing against Rhapsody. There’s just some guy out there that has posted the same comment several times promoting Rhapsody. And I mean the same comment word for word on different news bits.

If someone were to use this venue to push any product in that way it would bug me. I mean, this is iPodlounge, eh?

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on December 16, 2003 at 8:14 PM (PDT)

Yeah, really.  IPOD-lounge, not Rhapsodylounge or Lyralounge or Delllounge or whatever.

Why would someone who tries to promote all of these other MP3 players expect people at a site called IPODLounge to like anything BUT Ipods?  Of course we’re going to like Ipods… that’s why we’re here hanging out at a site devoted to Ipods.  People at Ipodlounge have loyalty to Ipods.  Get it?  It’s not rocket science.

Posted by Z on December 17, 2003 at 3:26 AM (PDT)

To get back to the earlier trend of this board.. Toshiba has recently announced a .85” 3 GB drive. Looks like your 1” Cornice drive is obsolete!

For me iPod is the perfect size. If PortalPlayer is developing a video platform, the screen shouldn’t be any smaller than that on the ‘pod, which already fits perfectly in the palm of my hand.

Posted by wunderdave on December 17, 2003 at 5:27 AM (PDT)

Apple has always had a pretty solid scheme of upgrade/innovation; they will likeley do one more iteration of i-pods that only have cosmetic / operational changes/adjustments before they shift to a version that plays video. When that hapopens, I will buy…

As for PR firms and “Stealth Marketing” trolling on this server, why not? As much as I hate it and disrespect it, it’s nice to know *a little* about similar MP3 players. Admittedly ,it sucks and is TOTAL BS that I can do without, but once in awhile, it’s good to hear about the I-Pods competition, within reason.

Posted by angry_black_man on December 17, 2003 at 11:01 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2