Vote for iPod at Lovemarks.com - showcasing your favorite brands | iLounge News

Vote for iPod at Lovemarks.com - showcasing your favorite brands

A newly developed website, Lovemarks.com, encourages consumers to vote and comment on the brands/products they have fallen in love with or couldn’t live without. Website editor Stephen Olsen says, the Apple iPod is sitting at number seven on the new Saatchi & Saatchi website for brands that deserve a “special Valentine”. If you love your iPod, let them know.” There are monthly prizes for the most evocative, true-to-experience stories and comments. A grand prize of the North American Car of the Year, the Toyota Prius, will be awarded to the story that best captures why and how a particular Lovemark has won your “Loyalty Beyond Reason”. This competition runs until May.

Update: The iPod has moved up to no. 2 and Apple is no.1 on the lovemarks popularity list.

« iPod mini Knowledge Base documents

Pod People and “the iPod swap” »

Comments

people need to vote!!!

The iPod is up to #3, and with 30 more positive votes it will be #2 behind Apple Computer.

Posted by ipodboqi on February 12, 2004 at 8:05 AM (CST)

“Love”?  An iPod?

I don’t know about you all, but I reserve my love for animate things, like my wife, my family, and Swimmy, my pet goldfish.

Having people vote and proclaim their “love” for brands is just some ad company’s scheme to sell more junk and make more profit for Apple and Steve Jobs.

It’s only a souped-up walkman for god’s sake, not a living thing.

sigh.

Posted by NoLove on February 12, 2004 at 10:08 AM (CST)

Note: “love” is often used in other ways. Words have multiple meanings.

Posted by FYI on February 12, 2004 at 10:33 AM (CST)

When people say the love their car or they love their shoes or they love their iPod, they mean they “love” it.  They don’t mean they “like” it, or they “enjoy” it, because if they did, they would use those words instead.

Posted by NoLove on February 12, 2004 at 12:18 PM (CST)

This site really sucks. It is sponsored by an ad agency.  I don’t care if other people “love” their iPod. I like mine just fine, but I love my wife and I’m pretty fond of my best bicycle…

Posted by I_love_my_boss on February 12, 2004 at 1:21 PM (CST)

To tell you the honest truth…. Id much rather have my pet goldfish go belly up than have my i-Pod die on me.

Posted by Captain Kook in NZ on February 12, 2004 at 2:01 PM (CST)

It’s worth a good laugh to look at the comments by the people (both of them) who “love” Microsoft (and MSN) :)

“Microsoft (Bill Gates’ Company) is a company which produces extremely great computer software. Without Microsoft, computers have no meaning - nothing could be contained or retrieved and what a boring world it would be.”

Stop, my sides hurt! :)

Posted by Nagromme on February 12, 2004 at 8:17 PM (CST)

Obviously a site about branding is sponsored by people in the branding business. At least they don’t make you register or give them any info before you vote, and they don’t feed you banner ads. The site is no worse than any other web poll: a toy for mild amusement.

The ability to add brand comments and the fact that you can vote for OR against as many brands as you wish are at least unique as polls go. At least they put some effort into the site :)

Posted by Nagromme on February 12, 2004 at 8:21 PM (CST)

Its worth mentioning that on the same page Microsoft has been voted for 112 times. 25 of those are ’ love it ’ . The remaining 87 are rolling around on the floor belly laughing with you…

I trust you voted ?

Posted by Captain Kook in NZ on February 12, 2004 at 8:24 PM (CST)