Walmart offers $399 third-gen* iPad, $127 iPhone 5
Walmart has announced that it will be dropping the price of the 16GB fourth-generation* Wi-Fi iPad to $399, and offering a 16GB iPhone 5 for $127, effective today, substantial price cuts that are surprising at this early stage of both products’ availability. Additionally, the fourth-generation* iPad will also come with a $30 iTunes gift card starting on Monday. The 16GB iPhone 4S has also seen its price cut today to $47 — both iPhone price cuts are valid with the typical two-year contract. These discounted prices are only available in retail stores, and not available online.
Updated: Although iLounge contacted Walmart before posting this story to confirm that the $399 pricing did, in fact, apply to the fourth-generation iPad - and received unambiguous written confirmation of that detail from a spokesperson - the company has now retracted the claim, suggesting that the $399 price applies solely to the third-generation iPad.
From Walmart’s spokesperson: “The iPad model on sale is the fourth-generation iPad currently in stores (not the iPad 3). Rollback prices on the iPhone and iPad are effective today, not Monday, with the $30 iTunes card added in beginning Monday, Dec. 17.” iLounge recommends that disgruntled customers contact Walmart directly to see if they can get the advertised price offered.
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Apple extends two-step verification to FaceTime, iMessage
- Apple raises size limit for Apps to 4GB
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?