Waterfield announces iPod Gear Pouch | iLounge News

Waterfield announces iPod Gear Pouch

By fnarfy

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, October 22, 2003
News Categories:

Waterfield has announced a new case designed for the iPod and it’s accessories:

“No more scrambling around to find all your iPod gear; keep them all together in this slender padded case! Individual pockets for the iPod, docking station, and power supply keep them from bumping into each other, plus there’s extra space for other accessories, like an FM transmitter. To prevent tangling, cables are housed in a separate front pocket. This portable case lies flat when full, and can easily be stowed in a backpack, bag, or briefcase. Made of Ballistic nylon with soft interior lining and self-locking zippers.”

The Pouch comes in red, white, blue or lead colors and costs US$35.

« Apple Store for Education offering free iPod engraving

iTunes for Windows 4.1.1 Fixes Bugs »

Comments

another overpriced product for the iPod. just buy yourself a 10 dollar camera pouch from Target and your set. it all fits and its cushioned. theres even a front pouch with zipper for headphones.

Posted by Jaguares in Bay Area, Ca on October 22, 2003 at 12:48 PM (PDT)

I was an ‘early adopter’ of the Waterfield 3G iPod case. When I received it, I realized that the ‘safety’ switch (to keep the iPod from being turned on/off inadvertently while carried) was completely coverered by the top of the case. I complained to Waterfield and was told “work the case back and forth—try to stretch it as much as possible in that area and the switch will eventually be accessible.

uh huh. 5 months later and it’s about as accessible as it was when I paid $40 for it….never buying anything from this company again.

Posted by libratem on October 22, 2003 at 12:59 PM (PDT)

Isn’t this thing known as a purse?

Posted by Spankford on October 22, 2003 at 3:07 PM (PDT)

I have Waterfield’s Cargo case and their “regular” Gear pouch. I’ve been satisfied with their products’ build-quality and customer service. I plan to purchase this iPod Gear pouch to cart around all of my iPod accessories. (It’ll match the cases I already own!)

Posted by Roger Williams in San Jose, CA on October 22, 2003 at 3:25 PM (PDT)

re: libratem’s comment, I also use the Waterfield 3G iPod case ... at first I was a little disconcerted by the fact that yes, the safety switch is inaccessible when the iPod is in the case. But after a while I realized that the front flap of the iPod case means that you no longer have to worry about hitting buttons accidentally, hence no more need for the safety switch as well.

Other than my initial misgivings about the safety switch issue, I have no complaints about the case and I love the fact that you can stow your earphones in the front flap.

Posted by Vic Icasas on October 22, 2003 at 8:43 PM (PDT)

i think its kinda gay - i agree - its a purse!!!

Posted by gabe on October 23, 2003 at 5:23 AM (PDT)

Why have all these companies decided that $35 is the standard price for every iPod case, accessary, etc.?  I guess they figure that we spent hundreds on an iPod, so we’ll shell out anything with the word “iPod” attached to it.  I’ve been thinking about getting a similar case to perform this function but I feel certain that I can find something sufficient for a heck of a lot cheaper and that doesn’t look like a purse.

Posted by TommyT on October 23, 2003 at 5:34 AM (PDT)

If you go to a camera store, you can find a small camera case that will work just as well. I bought one for $15 us and it works great. It holds all the cords,charger and hedset in the main pouch and the pod in the outside one. It’s fully padded and easy to carry. I hold it like you would hold a soda can, it’s taller than wide.

It was cheap and it doesn’t look like a pod purse.

Posted by Spankford on October 23, 2003 at 6:39 AM (PDT)

I have bought some silly ipod gear myself, so I’m ceartainly not judging those who like this. That being said..This pouch has to be one of the the biggest rip off’s I’ve seen yet for ipod gear.. $35.00! It looks no different than my neice’s pencil and crayon holder for school. That was a buck at the local dollar store. To each his own, but I’ve never figured out why people find the design of these waterfield cases appealing.

Posted by Del Griffith on October 23, 2003 at 7:22 AM (PDT)

I bought a pencil holder for about $5. It has a tough case and separated pockets. Probably smaller than their case but carries everything except the iPod, which I prefer to have in its case where it is accessible.

Posted by doug on October 23, 2003 at 10:54 AM (PDT)

damn spankford you just basically said exactly what i said. might wanna read the comments before you post yours.

Posted by Jaguares in Bay Area, Ca on October 23, 2003 at 10:32 PM (PDT)

Yeah, wouldn’t want to take up the very valuable limitted space.

Posted by Del Griffith on October 23, 2003 at 11:47 PM (PDT)

I do not recommend going to the site, as it disallows using yoru BACK button to get back to ipodlounge.com or any other site.

Any sites that do this should not be promoted here or anywhere else.  It is an annoying problem.

Posted by Deatrice on October 26, 2003 at 1:33 AM (PDT)

hey del griffith looks like you had “limited” schooling. might want to use a spell checker before you make dumb sarcastic remarks.

Posted by Jaguares in Bay Area, Ca on October 27, 2003 at 4:24 PM (PDT)

You are right. I do have very little schooling. I shouldn’t even be trying to get a jab in with a guy who insults people on a regular basis on this site. You are a winner..and I’m a loser. I apologize.

Posted by Del Griffith on October 27, 2003 at 4:35 PM (PDT)

I received mine today and I love it.  It solves my clutter problem.  I have never had a better experience buying something over the internet.  They personally responded to my order placement!

Posted by Plank on October 30, 2003 at 3:23 PM (PDT)