Waterproof Splash Pack DriPod announced | iLounge News

Waterproof Splash Pack DriPod announced

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, May 18, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Allsop has introduced the Splash Pack DriPod, a clear waterproof case for iPods and other portable devices. The bag-like case features play-through access, an adjustable lanyard, a resealable triple-zip closure, an external heat-sealed headphone jack, and is fully submersible up to nearly 10 feet. The Splash Pack DriPod is available in two sizes—small for the iPod nano, and large for the fifth-generation iPod. Both sell for $20.

« Fifth Avenue Apple Store to open tomorrow

Mitsubishi “i” car sports integrated iPod nano slot »

Comments

Hmm….sounds like some tough (as in cheaper) competition for otterbox…

Posted by Matt K. on May 18, 2006 at 6:53 AM (PDT)

I am really surprised at how cheap This is.  hopefully it will be still good quality

Posted by Jonathan Keim on May 18, 2006 at 7:49 AM (PDT)

thast a good idea but when is it it will be used for? dont get me wrong, i like it! but why water proof? if your ipod flls in a creek, it proably would happen to have it on it! i guess you could use it hiking or camping for for extra protection

Posted by Lawnboy on May 18, 2006 at 8:24 AM (PDT)

“dont get me wrong, i like it! but why water proof?”

well, i like to go fishing on the weekends, and honestly i get bored sometimes while i’m out there (i know, fishing is supposed to be relaxing…), so i wouldn’t mind to be able to bring along my ipod to listen to while fishing.  as it is i won’t risk it because i’m afraid of it falling in the creek.  so me? i’ll probably be picking one of these up myself.

Posted by Terry on May 18, 2006 at 9:50 AM (PDT)

I’d like to listen to my ipod while sitting in the spa so I’ll probably get one for that purpose.

Posted by Dave on May 18, 2006 at 12:16 PM (PDT)

I will use it as a dust proof case. I work outside on a tractor all day and my iPod gets covered with dust.  I’ve seen other bags like this but they were around $60.00.  I ordered both sizes; I have a Nano and video iPod.

Posted by verndude on May 18, 2006 at 2:01 PM (PDT)

Sounds like I will be getting one for being on the beach and on a kayak!!

Posted by nick on May 21, 2006 at 3:57 PM (PDT)