Welcome, new iPod owners! | iLounge News

Welcome, new iPod owners!

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Sunday, December 25, 2005
News Categories: Site News

If Santa brought you an iPod this year, then you’re at the right place. Whether you got a video iPod, an iPod nano, iPod shuffle, or even a previous generation iPod or iPod mini, iLounge will help you get the most out your new favorite gadget. If you’re looking to accessorize your iPod, check out our extensive list of iPod accessory reviews or the latest iPod accessory news. You can find answers to common iPod questions in our Ask iLounge and iPod 101 & 201 sections. If you want to ask a specific question or just chat with other iPod owners, hop on over to the iLounge Forums. And be sure to download our free Holiday Buyers’ Guide, which is loaded with tons of cool iPod gear and info.

« Record companies investigated over digital music pricing

Apple offers free Battlestar Galactica, SNL videos on iTunes »

Comments

I got an 30GB ipod video for xmas. Its gr8 excepts one thing. i download mpeg video files, but when i go to convert them on quicktime pro it works except when the video is put onto my ipod there is no audio as the orignal file is MPEG-1 muxed.
Does anyone know what i can do to solve my problem. plz HELP!
My e-mail is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by callum on December 30, 2005 at 3:12 AM (PDT)

Does anyone know what i can do to solve my problem. plz HELP!
My e-mail is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by callum on December 30, 2005 at 3:13 AM (PDT)

yeah- what is a good case for a nano? i haven’t got one yet bc best buy doesn’t have them yet, but it sounds like it scratches easily and i don’t want that to happen to my new baby! any suggestions? my email is
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
also, would just a clear plastic sheet on the screen do the job- you know like that come on new cell phones or electronics/ any help is appreciated

Posted by katie on December 30, 2005 at 10:32 AM (PDT)

Got the 30gb video for x-mas. Haven’t had much time to get things on it yet. Music seemed easy enough. Wouldn’t let me put music on that came from kazaa, limewire (i.e. stolen). Don’t know if I have to change files from mpeg to mp3 myself or what. People say it works. CASES!!!!!!!!!! Check out agent 18 videoshield. I hear good things and will get one myself. Just got kensington dock/charger for home and kensington fm transmitter/charger for car.

Posted by Jeff Y. on December 31, 2005 at 4:30 AM (PDT)

About music from kazaa, limewire. As I mentioned before, it won’t go on my ipod 30gb with video. It allowed it to be sent from windows media to itunes library, but thats it, won’t convert it to my ipod. Do I have to change it from .wma to .mp3 myself? Any helpers out there? Thanks, JY

Posted by Jeff Y. on December 31, 2005 at 4:34 AM (PDT)

Happy New Year Everybody, ooooooo yaaaaaa
I just acquired me my very first ipod video black yesterday. What an amazing piece of technology: simpliciplity, elegance combined with great functionality, Apple blows me out of the water with this product. Ok Ok, down to business.  Does anyone know the longeviety and durabaility of the ipod’s harddrive and mechenism? Also, what is a good software to use for windows (i know what u are thinking)to convert movies to ipod mpeg4. Here is my email address if anyone wants to reply: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Thanks everybody, and happpy holidays.

Posted by Kastor Troy on December 31, 2005 at 10:22 AM (PDT)

Here’s a brief rundown on various posts here regarding new users (like myself) and the iPod 30GB experience with Windows OEM XP2 Home.  I was initally having a “problem” with the PC seeing the iPod. The iPod itself was on but “stuck” in the Greek language. Nothing was happening and re-installed the CD software several times.  Everything is working fine now…turns out your iPod won’t work and won’t be seen by the software until it charges up to about 50%.  Hope this helps those of you still struggling.

BobA5835

Posted by BobA5835 in Allentown, PA USA on December 31, 2005 at 10:29 AM (PDT)

Alas, I cannot download the SNL skit Chronicles of Narnia from the iTunes music store in Canada due to restrictions. I’ve combed the web, but no one is posting the .m4v iPod download separately. Any idea where I could pick this up? It’s free from iTunes in the US.

Posted by JimmyZook on January 2, 2006 at 3:44 AM (PDT)

Ok, if anyone that could answer these questions it would be a great help.
1. How can i download musi videos or just any videos from Limewire to my ipod?

2. I have the itrip and it doesnt seem to be picking up any of the stations, it says i can turn the light on on the itrip but i havent seen the light since i bought the thing any suggestions?  Is it broke because i bought it brand new.

Posted by Chad on January 14, 2006 at 9:23 AM (PDT)

O sorry my email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if any1 could help

Posted by Chad on January 14, 2006 at 9:28 AM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3