Welcome to the new iLounge!
Over the past six and a half years, Apple’s digital media device family has grown from one iPod and iTunes to include iPhone, Apple TV, and much more: today, there are four different current-generation iPods in 24 different versions to choose from, new updates to iTunes on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, and game-changing software updates for both the iPhone and Apple TV.
While iLounge has grown dramatically to cover all of these products, our main page has been bursting at the seams trying to handle it all. Comprehensive looks at new product releases, reports on different countries and companies, reader-submitted photographs, news, and tutorials have all had to fight for very limited real estate, sometimes disappearing from our main page within only a day of initial posting. If you’ve been looking for something that appeared on iLounge only a day or two ago, chances are good that you had to search for it.
Our new design remedies that. Sit back, or click once on the expanded main page, and you’ll find that all of our biggest and latest stories are right in front of you. Expanded feature, review, and news pages have more room for larger photographs, and more readable text. A bigger, easier navigation bar provides faster access to the site’s many sections. Access to our downloadable publications, created to help you get quick answers to your iPod/iPhone use and accessory buying questions, is always available at the bottom of the screen. And soon, you’ll find an improved translation feature that better converts our content into different languages, as well as major reworkings of the many section satellite pages linked from the main page.
We’re still tweaking a number of the site’s features, including fixing some broken links, and adding back things that have disappeared from the main page during the transition. Please report any serious bugs you discover to email@example.com, as we work to bring the new iLounge up to full speed. Enjoy!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- Sanction-seeking Apple publicly disclosed Nokia terms
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Fonesalesman iQi Mobile Wireless Charging Receiver
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone