Welcome to the new iLounge!
Over the past six and a half years, Apple’s digital media device family has grown from one iPod and iTunes to include iPhone, Apple TV, and much more: today, there are four different current-generation iPods in 24 different versions to choose from, new updates to iTunes on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, and game-changing software updates for both the iPhone and Apple TV.
While iLounge has grown dramatically to cover all of these products, our main page has been bursting at the seams trying to handle it all. Comprehensive looks at new product releases, reports on different countries and companies, reader-submitted photographs, news, and tutorials have all had to fight for very limited real estate, sometimes disappearing from our main page within only a day of initial posting. If you’ve been looking for something that appeared on iLounge only a day or two ago, chances are good that you had to search for it.
Our new design remedies that. Sit back, or click once on the expanded main page, and you’ll find that all of our biggest and latest stories are right in front of you. Expanded feature, review, and news pages have more room for larger photographs, and more readable text. A bigger, easier navigation bar provides faster access to the site’s many sections. Access to our downloadable publications, created to help you get quick answers to your iPod/iPhone use and accessory buying questions, is always available at the bottom of the screen. And soon, you’ll find an improved translation feature that better converts our content into different languages, as well as major reworkings of the many section satellite pages linked from the main page.
We’re still tweaking a number of the site’s features, including fixing some broken links, and adding back things that have disappeared from the main page during the transition. Please report any serious bugs you discover to [email protected], as we work to bring the new iLounge up to full speed. Enjoy!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12