“We | iLounge News

“We

“You

Comments

reading crap like this makes me wish I never bought an ipod in the first place.

Posted by podperson on February 27, 2004 at 11:21 AM (CST)

I actually hide my ipod these days in new york.  too many and too showy.  i hate the white headphones.  i actually hate the ipod but fell for the marketing trick.  selling it for a iriver, the real deal IMHO.

Posted by joe on February 27, 2004 at 11:26 AM (CST)

wow podperson and joe, plz cry more kthx

Posted by cry me a river on February 27, 2004 at 11:33 AM (CST)

My little sister goes to a ‘arts’ magnet highschool with many ibooks in the halls. They recently got their yearbooks; in addition to the ritual of writing cheesy quips to be remembered by, many are creating playlists to be remembered by in each others iTunes library. I thought that was a great idea [my own yearbooks have a remarkable number of notes that reference songs or artists].

I’m using my iPod the same way. I let friends and acquaintances from class or work build a playlist that I transfer over to iTunes for keepsakes. I tell to limit them to 20 songs so they fit on an audio CD although I usually just archive several of them to one data CD.

Twenty years from now those yearbook scribbles will probably be meaningless but many of the personal playlists should be great memory joggers.

Posted by anton on February 27, 2004 at 11:36 AM (CST)

I don’t feel safe when using the original iPods headphones. I see a lot of looks people who want to be like 50cent but who can’t afford one.

Our apologies for this person’s ignorant comments. It’s been edited.

Posted by Vincent on February 27, 2004 at 11:37 AM (CST)

lol, vincent…

Posted by eric on February 27, 2004 at 11:44 AM (CST)

“I don’t feel safe when using the original iPods headphones. I see a lot of looks of people who want to be like 50cent but who can’t afford one”

Vincent, whomever you are you are OBVIOUSLY an idiot.  I will not go as far as to call you a racist, an ignorant fool yes.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you are a kid.  Just want the MODs to know I took EXTREME offence to his “comment” and ask that it be removed pronto.

Mike aka Mr94Supra

Posted by CoolerPod on February 27, 2004 at 11:45 AM (CST)

I wonder if the cute boy in your French class is reading this. =D

Posted by Cyantre on February 27, 2004 at 12:13 PM (CST)

Okay, i admit it, i don’t even have an ipod.  i wish i did though…  there, are you happy?  geez…

Posted by joe on February 27, 2004 at 12:41 PM (CST)

Don’t be idiots!!!!!  The iPod is amazing, it allows us to carry our own little world with us.  Due t the price, though, there are some out there who may try to take it or mark you as a target for theft beyond the iPod.  You can always use different headphones!!!!  The ads make them very recognizeable…...

Posted by Andy on February 27, 2004 at 1:25 PM (CST)

You know, I have previously defended the posting of news stories such as these, but with the iPod becoming more and more popular over the last couple of months, these “opinion” pieces as vacuous as this are really starting to drag. There is nothing in this story that wouldn’t be realised by any iPod user with a working brain.

Posted by pomegranate on February 27, 2004 at 1:27 PM (CST)

These and such other articles are not so much “opinion pieces” as they are stories and commentaries into the social impact the ipod has had. Most are mere observations and musings. A handful have been good, maybe a couple even very good readings, but most are ho-hum at best by literary standards. Besides, you either read them or you don’t. It’s rather simple.

Posted by Agent Orange on February 27, 2004 at 1:39 PM (CST)

Look, it is like this.  I’m a huge Deadhead. Waaaaaaaaaaaay back, like in the late 70’s or early 80’s, before many of you were even born, I used to think “Hey there goes a girl or guy with a dead T-shirt on, we have something in common! Bet we’ll get along!” Of course I was insane.

I love to ride bikes. Do I assume that I’m gonna love everybody who rides a bike? C’mon.

Kurt Vonnegut called it “false karass” a word he made which means this false sense of “hey, we’re family, we’ve got something in common, etc.”

She may be a vegan PETA member and that cute guy in her French class may be a card carrying NRA member. All they have in common is a freakin’ MP3 player.
Get a grip…

Posted by Pete LaV on February 27, 2004 at 1:53 PM (CST)

Hey Pete LaV….
I bet we would get along….ass!

Posted by The White Gold on February 27, 2004 at 2:19 PM (CST)

“but is it worth it if I

Posted by Daddo on February 27, 2004 at 2:29 PM (CST)

And in this ideal world, people join hands and sing Kum-Ba-Ya M’Lord, Kum-Ba-Ya! Stupid articles from even stupider writers are not helping you iPodlounge! Please scrutinize your articles so that they might be more informative and worthy of my time!

Posted by Stylescraper on February 27, 2004 at 3:03 PM (CST)

I know some people who have an ipod(not as many as I would like) most of them dont get along with me and the only thing we have in commen is our ipods. The writer should go join a Star Trek cult and stop making the rest of us normal ipod users look like creepy members of some ipod cult.

Posted by WOLF MAN on February 27, 2004 at 6:00 PM (CST)

pete LaV - good to see another Vonnegutian on the site.  Couldn’t agree more.

Posted by dave on February 27, 2004 at 8:24 PM (CST)

if you dont like your iPod because it attracts too much attention, get a pink highlighter and highlight all the white wires on the head phones, and to paint the iPod itself, try some of your moms make up or lipstick, they work great, but the only thing is that if you do this it WILL ATTRACT more attention…so pretty much i damned myself…haha i would pay to see someone paint their iPod pink…btw i didnt paint mine for you that didnt get that “joke”

Posted by Ninja Turtle on February 27, 2004 at 9:14 PM (CST)

I always thought that part of the iPod’s appeal was its noticeability.  I certainly didn’t buy one to be gawked at, but I’m always happy to answer questions about them; the most common being “how many songs does that thing hold.”

10,000, children…

Posted by dethbrakr on February 27, 2004 at 10:18 PM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >